Best backpacking belt

Rob5589

WKR
I used the Marsupial Gear belt last season. Great belt, holds up your pants, doesn't bind under the pack belt. I highly recommend it.

I do pretty good with a Bison Designs webbing belts. I think Kuiu rebranded a Bison belt, it’s the only USA made item they sell. You can find them pretty cheap on Sierra Trading Post They are light and get the job done.

i also find myself wearing my leather work belt. It’s a bit wider, maybe 1-1/2 inches thick but works well too.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Bison Design belt that I got at REI. It’s a little stiff, but it is thin, doesn’t budge, and doesn’t pinch with my pack belt on.

Usually wear either my Krytpek or Kuiu belt; just depends on which gear I am wearing.

If I am wearing a sidearm, then it's a leather belt as it provides better support for the sidearm.

Oregonboy

WKR
First lite, it is made of a stretchy flat webbing. Lays flat under pack belt and doesn’t always need tightening like regular web belts.

Another vote for the FL belt. I bought one in February on a whim and haven't taken it off since. It's extremely comfortable and doesn't require re-tightening.

sivart

WKR
I wish Kifaru still make their old school belts. They were lighter, and not as wide as the current. I have two, and wish I had two more.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kifaru web belt and it has been comfortable and snag free.

Mudbug

FNG
I recently got a Grip6 and like the minimalist low profile buckle. I only have a few hours with it under a pack but like it so far.

IdahoFF85

FNG
I wear a military style Riggers belt, its comfortable and sturdy plus ive been wearing one for years so im used to it. But out of curiosity and may be a strange question, but im seeing a few different brands mentioned in here, is there more you guys look for when choosing a belt than comfort and "holds my pants up" function?