Belt for hunting

ridgefire

WKR
What kind of belt do you guys use when hunting or hiking? I use a regular leather belt but wondering if others are more comfy. Any brand in particular? I have been looking at the Kifaru ones but they are kinda spendy.

wseidel

WKR
I've used Wilderness Belts for many years (5 stitch, 1 1/2" Instructor Belt). They are strong and durable - in fact, so strong that you could be airlifted out by the buckle/belt..though that wouldn't be the preferred way to leave your hunting area :)

They are stiff enough to use for supporting holsters and even have a model that functions as a money belt with an inside zipper if you desire. Definitely worth checking out because they last forever. Hope this helps.

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/original-instructor-belt/

Last edited:

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
I wear suspenders while hunting almost exclusively. Never worry about pants sagging from pockets full of gear or your pack pushing em down. I forgot mine on a trip this spring and drove all the way back to town to pick up some. I recommend trying them sometime, they are usually under 20 bucks.

I make my own, low volume belts that I can't even feel under my pack belt. I have two types, one is 1.5 inch webbing with a Delrin loop sewn on one end and it secures with Velcro. The second is 3/4" webbing, also secured with Velcro, but has a G-hook on one end a sewn in webbing loop on the other. This one has become my every day belt, because once the size is set, I can just unhook the G-hook to remove.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use a camo leather belt. The belt is about 2" wide. I've never had any issues with wearing it with a pack.

Arcade belts are my go to. They stretch and are thin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Marsupial gear belt.

I also like just a 1.5" nylon webbing with a plastic ladder lock for a buckle, but it's inconvenient for taking on/off.