Best Backpacking belt

TheGDog

WKR
The FL suspenders didn’t work for me. My SG lumbar pad hits the back buckle and rubs against my low back. May be a short person problem. I do like them a lot though for other hunts.

I just use an elastic snowboarding/ski belt. May be an arcade like mentioned above. I let the loose end flop below my hip belt so I don’t get any pressure points on one side
You have to be OK with allowing it to hang a little lower/looser than you would naturally adjust it to. This also helps greatly with taking sits and not having the tightening-up of the suspenders bring you into wedgie territory.

I allow the FL suspenders to be juuust loose enough that my packbelt can push my pants waistline in the back downward so the lil plastic buckle isn't in contact with the lumbar pad on my hip belt.

I enjoy the FL suspenders and my FL belt holds up my pants. The FL belt is minimal and has some stretch to it, it seems?

jd1006

WKR
Grabbed the Argali belt when they discounted it 20%, I’m hoping that works well, because the knife sharpening capabilities look like an awesome thing to not have to keep in a pack.

I agree with the others on the Marsupial Belt. My favorite casual belt, and I use it often. The stretch is the best part of the belt. It’s also really nice not having a loud buckle.

Loper

WKR
I got the Marsupial belt last year for Xmas and it has replaced my leather belt for everyday use. I also use it for training and backpacking and it doesn't create any pressure points or hot spots. I've been happy with it.

TheGDog

WKR
The FL suspenders didn’t work for me. My SG lumbar pad hits the back buckle and rubs against my low back. May be a short person problem. I do like them a lot though for other hunts.

I just use an elastic snowboarding/ski belt. May be an arcade like mentioned above. I let the loose end flop below my hip belt so I don’t get any pressure points on one side
You probably have to adjust the belts with a lil more slack to them and get used to wearing them with that lil more slack to them. Like when you have to sit down on a predator seat cushion, it shouldn't feel like the suspenders are trying to mildly give you a wedgie. When you go into seated position with legs flat out in front of you, that's the greatest amount of tensioning you'll have happen to the suspenders. So if you adjust for that position to be comfortable and then just leave it there all day. Possibly tightening it back up a lil as you're leaving. I think you'd be able to escape that problem.

The only other problem is sometimes the belt loop in the back center on some brands is very wide and so to shove the back buckle thru it requires squishing that width up more which causes it to bunch up and thus irritate you. So sometimes if I use a pant like that, i'll use the Argali belt I bought. It's a lil bit better than the stiff nylon fully adjustable T-buckle belt from Cabelas I normally will sport in street clothes. That thick rigid belt is murder on the disc bulges if it's too snug.