Best bang for the buck

Ktirao

FNG
Looking for thoughts on best bang for the buck out there. The best scope I have is a vortex viper HS LR 4x16x44 and have vortex viper 10x42’s. Looking to upgrade but don’t want to sell a kidney to do it. Next purchase will be a spotting scope, as I do not have one yet.

The type of warranty vortex/maven have are important as I plan to continue to climb mountains. At a minimum I will go to the razor line from vortex but am open ears to opinions in the razor price point.

Thanks in advance.

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had terrible luck with vortex. Yes they have a great warranty, but having to use the warranty means that something broke… in my opinion the best bang for your buck is a leupold Vx3. They also come with a lifetime warranty but I’ve never had to use it!

matpc1

FNG
I’ve had terrible luck with vortex. Yes they have a great warranty, but having to use the warranty means that something broke… in my opinion the best bang for your buck is a leupold Vx3. They also come with a lifetime warranty but I’ve never had to use it!
Agreed. Great warrenty but it's probably the brand you actually hear about the warrenty being used the most. Many other brands with the same earrenty out there even if they don't make it the one thing that definez their brand

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Am I confused? You said "Next purchase will be a spotting scope, as I do not have one yet." So, are you looking to discuss a spotting scope of higher quality to the riflescopes you have or are you looking to upgrade your riflescope?

Either way, our pleasure to assist you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss this and opportunities. Thanks

OP
K

Ktirao

FNG
A good quality line of glass in general. I want to upgrade from the viper line to the razor line at a minimum. I guess I’m asking if for the money, is the razor line I should get or are there better lines of glass at that price point.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

OP
K

Ktirao

FNG
Well, my thought is to get a sporting scope since I don’t have one, next would probably be scope then binos.

matpc1

FNG
I've been able to look through the Maven binos and I was thoroughly impressed, especially for the price and the warranty. They have a demo program on a lot of their optics that is definitely worth a try - all you lose out on if you don't like them is the price of shipping.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
If you have binos that you don’t glass through because they suck you won’t need a spotting scope because you simply won’t see animals that require more detail look at longer range. Upgrade what you can from the bottom up if glassing is how you hunt. You get what you pay for with glass. If you don’t have money then don’t ever look through a buddies high end glass. Thoughts of selling organs is a thing !

OP
K

Ktirao

FNG
I got viper 10x42’s right now. All my glass needs to be upgraded, I haven’t looked through swaro’s at a 2pt from 350 yards away but I couldn’t make out a 3rd point with the vipers. I was able to make out a 3rd with a viper 22x48x65 spotter tho (it was a 1” eye guard). My thought it to start with getting better glass in spots that I don’t currently own a piece opposed to upgrading my low/mid tier glass.

centershot

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly the Vipers are pretty dang good. The image quality is very, very, close to the high dollar stuff. Where they lack is depth of view and flare control. If you you already have a Viper bino then a decent spotter would be a good place to spend some $. Sportsman's Warehouse has Razor 20-60x85 Spotters on sale right now for $799. Very decent setup for under $1 K.

Looking for thoughts on best bang for the buck out there. The best scope I have is a vortex viper HS LR 4x16x44 and have vortex viper 10x42’s. Looking to upgrade but don’t want to sell a kidney to do it. Next purchase will be a spotting scope, as I do not have one yet.

The type of warranty vortex/maven have are important as I plan to continue to climb mountains. At a minimum I will go to the razor line from vortex but am open ears to opinions in the razor price point.

Thanks in advance.
For a spotter, I think best bang for your buck is kowa. If you do get a razor, buy it used and be patient until you find a really good deal on a used one. I had a razor spotter and didn’t care for it. With high mag, really good glass is even more critical, if I ever get another, it will be kowa or swaro, because I know I would rather have really good binos than a mid tier spotter

Maybe others feel different, but I don’t like spotters unless they are phenomenal glass

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
In the process of upgrading what I have. Hunting last week, it started getting dark. I pulled up my binos just to test them with minimum light. I watched a bobcat work from 200 yards all the way to 40 yards. Decided to take the shot. Pulled up my rifle and it looked like it was stuffed with mashed potato’s… I’d upgrade the critical gear first if it were me.