Best beer you've ever had?

Big Burn from Terminal Gravity brewing in Enterprise Oregon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

b9bd4965fed1829957d20719307d6e32.jpg
Don't really have a favorite, but I love Porters/Stouts/Dark beer. Lots of great choices here in Bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Bernardus ABT12 60th anniversary edition. I lost the bottle in the back of a cabinet for six years. It was the best beer far and away I've ever had. It was incredibly complex and changed significantly as it warmed. Very sad I'll never have another. If I had known when I bought the four cases what I do now I'd have put them all back and only drank one or two a year after aging them for five years.
I've heard of this and how good it is. I've also heard of, I think a westy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Spotted Cow by New Glarus Brewing. Only available for sale in Wisconsin!

Anything New Glarus but Spotted Cow is it. I'm also a big fan of the Central Waters Mud Puppy Porter. Nothing competes with WI beers! Blacktooth, either the IPA or Brown, is the best Wyo has to offer and they make a damn good beer.

Lagunitas RAW, Moose Drool, Mirror Pond (on tap), Beck's Dark, Big Foot Ale... so many good beers these days.
Have you tried Amador Brewing Dirty Blond? It's my current favorite, easy to swing by and grab a growler or two. As far as store bought beer I like 805 it's pretty good, if Yuenglings was available here I'd buy it but my old standby that's easy to find:

Can't pick a favorite, too many great beers around. My go too's:
Denali Brew Co- Single Engine Red
Midnight Sun Brew Co- Kodiak Nut Brown
Deschutes- Fresh Squeeze IPA
Broken Tooth- Pale Ale and Pipeline Stout, always something good on the revolving taps too
St. Elias Brew Co- Farmers Friend
Big Sky Brew Co- Trout Slayer Wheat Ale, can't drift the river without some Trout Slayer

I could keep going. Lucky enough to have 8 micro brews all within about 7 miles of my house.

I'm gonna jump on this and throw a second (or third) out there for Heady Topper by The Alchemist in Stowe, VT. Never had a beer stand out more to me than that did. That being said, just like Pliny its tough to come by. One of my buddy's parents lived right by the brewery and we'd pay them to stock up on what they could get their hands on and bring it to us when they'd come visit. Sadly they moved to Texas and our connection is gone. Its so good the 18 hour round trip is almost worth it if I knew I could get a bunch but even the beer shops are hit or miss on inventory. Amazing stuff.

I'm gonna jump on this and throw a second (or third) out there for Heady Topper by The Alchemist in Stowe, VT. Never had a beer stand out more to me than that did. That being said, just like Pliny its tough to come by. One of my buddy's parents lived right by the brewery and we'd pay them to stock up on what they could get their hands on and bring it to us when they'd come visit. Sadly they moved to Texas and our connection is gone. Its so good the 18 hour round trip is almost worth it if I knew I could get a bunch but even the beer shops are hit or miss on inventory. Amazing stuff.
I have a can in my fridge I need to try. Some friends went out to the east coast for a wedding and picked up some two days in a row at the brewery so they could bring some back for friend.

Can't pick a favorite, too many great beers around. My go too's:
Denali Brew Co- Single Engine Red
Midnight Sun Brew Co- Kodiak Nut Brown
Deschutes- Fresh Squeeze IPA
Broken Tooth- Pale Ale and Pipeline Stout, always something good on the revolving taps too
St. Elias Brew Co- Farmers Friend
Big Sky Brew Co- Trout Slayer Wheat Ale, can't drift the river without some Trout Slayer

I could keep going. Lucky enough to have 8 micro brews all within about 7 miles of my house.
Interesting fact about Trout Slayer. It has been two different beers in the last decade. Bayern was brewing a beer under the name Trout Slayer. But the name was owned by someone else. So now the name is being used by Big Sky brewing and the original Trout Slayer is called Dancing Trout.

Deschutes Black Butte and Left Hand Milk Stout are good too. Deschutes is building a facility in my locale, should be a pretty cool gig.

Be sure to try the anniversary Black Buttes
This was a great one after packing elk meat
6bb035b3fbdb714a5829606d9e282319.jpg

I don't drink beer often, but when I do I prefer....

Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager or Gold Leaf Lager from VA.
Alaska Brewing Co - Alaskan Amber
Mama's Little Yella Pills - Oskar Blues Brewing
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
Dogfish Head Piercing Pils
Hoo Doo German Kolsch
Great Lakes Brewing Co - Edmund Fitzgerald or Elliott Ness
Yuengling Traditional Lager

And nothing....NOTHING tops a cold draft after a hard hunt!

The beer scene is starting to get better her in OK, but a lot of stuff is hard to find. Anything over 3.2% has to be shipped into the state non refrigerated, so there are things we can't get here. Moose drool is my all time favorite of stuff I can find around here. I also enjoy state pen porter, nut brown ale, and santa fe pale ale from santa fe brewing company. One on a road trip I bought a 6 pack of Wasatch polygamy porter that I really enjoyed, but have never come across it again anywhere in Colorado or Wyoming where I bought it before.

Be sure to try the anniversary Black Buttes
This was a great one after packing elk meat
6bb035b3fbdb714a5829606d9e282319.jpg

Great stuff. I have some of the 21st in my cellar. And 25, 26, 27 and 28.

Back