Best binoc for glassing into the sun?

I am going to upgrade my 10x42 Nikon Monarchs after 20 years. They have been great in 90% of the conditions I hunt in, however I was very frustrated this past archery early season with a poor performance when glassing into the sun.

I hunt open sagebrush and scabland country and mid-morning hunting if I haven’t bedded any deer, is glassing into the shady side of sagebrush and rock. This year it was hot and bright. Mirage was brutal, as well as haze from bright sun. I am familiar enough with optics to understand lens coatings and high quality glass will be the driving factors to overcome this problem. I also understand if an optic is best in class in this situation it is going to be great for all other conditions. If any of you do a lot of the same type of hunting and can help with a recommendation it would be appreciated. Cost is not a factor. Thank you in advance.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
No binos are great at glassing into the sun. But since you said price is no factor why not get some NL pures? They’ve pretty much taken the spot as best bins probably ever made.

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
For my eyes Leica's are the best for looking into shadows . I have not only tried but have owned them all. Heck, I still own them all. I am an addict.

4th_point

WKR
Some people have noted glare problems, even with higher price binocs. The NL Pure in particular is supposed to be bad for some people but I haven't tried them under those conditions.

Have you tried shading the objectives? It can help with any binoc and I think there's a company that is a sponsor or at least posts here that has such a cover. But you can obviously come up with a makeshift solution. Will not help with the mirage though!

OP
tlbradford
i usually wear a baseball hat in those conditions and throw that over the top of the binocs. Coincidentally, I saw the post for that universal cover right next to mine, after starting this thread.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Any good quality binoculars should effectively reduce glare when looking toward the sun, but not into it. I recall 20 years ago a buddy and I compared my SLC's with his Trinovid BN's, looking toward the sun and into the shadows beneath. I thought both performed well and neither of us really had a preference. I would think the alpha level binoculars of today would be even better.

buckdandy

FNG
4th_point and tlbradford are on the right track with finding ways to shade the lenses. A hat, hood, hand, etc will do tge trick.

Some may be more susceptible to stray light than others, but most any "alpha" level bino will handle it. A higher priority for me would be getting a pair that can see into the dark patches. I moved from the kowa genesis to the mondo slcs and saw a marked improvement.

My Swarovski EL 10x42s are noticeably much better than the Bushnells and Vortex that I own.

There is a pair for sale in the classifieds. (not mine)

OP
tlbradford
Thanks everyone. I decided to go with a pair of Swaro's TA Range to eliminate a piece of kit. I appreciate all the feedback.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I was told I look like a hobo when I'm glassing here in the state that has the most sunny days every year (Arizona). I drape a a lightweight, breathable layer over me and the binos creating a little dark room for glassing. Only thing sticking out of the dark room is the objective lenses up front. I've also taped my ball cap over the objective lenses so the binos are essentially wearing a hat.