BEST Bull Elk Photo Contest 2016- Sponsored by Kifaru

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Not seeing your pictures for some reason

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Let's try again...solo hunt...first bull of my life quite the ride.

a882f43518fe8089feb0d953f4adc603.jpg
9f22fa0284d4b94218e9fd1c8cdfac9f.jpg
7bd21157994919d8f0307afa9e3d2596.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
First elk hunt ever. OTC DIY in Idaho on public land. Called him in to about 20 yards. Still cant tell when my heart was beating faster...after the shot or during the 5 mile pack out! Already researching for next year!
elk.jpg
elk2.jpg

Rambo

FNG
Daughter's First Elk

My daughter's first elk on September 17th, 2016. She turned 18 on the mountain.

Attachments

• Allison 1.jpg
    Allison 1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my little guy. I cow called him in to 60-70yds and shot him with a 300wsm I built myself launching 215 Bergers at 2950fps.

My hunting buddy killed his bull Sunday and we both will be trying to kill our second bulls this weekend.

Attachments

• 2016bull2.jpg
    2016bull2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 2016bull5.jpg
    2016bull5.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 165
Shot this bull September 19th in Montana. Shot at noon so had high sun and some tough shadows on a steep lodgepole sidehill. This is the best I could come up with.

Edit: the adds were cutting off the right side of the picture so I made it smaller. If you click on the picture is shows up as the full picture.

IMG_6156.jpg

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Here is the bull my wife shot this year. This was an OTC, DIY, Public land hunt. I tried to find him during archery season, but never saw him. Never heard a single bugle. My wife had a rifle tag, so we went back down in hopes of finding him, or any other decent bull. My wife has wanted nothing more than to kill a good bull with her dad. She has hunted with her dad in this area for nearly 15 years, and has passed on many bulls, hoping for a good one. Her dads health is failing fast, and we needed it to come together this year. All she has wanted in the 10 years we have been together is to harvest a bull with her dad and have a picture with her dad with a good bull. We were afraid we made made mistakes passing on bulls years previous. Long story short, it all came together in a fashion that only the Big Man could have arranged. He called to us out of his bed at noon, just 150 yards ahead of us in some VERY thick pines. After some coaxing we got him up and he came in to 25 yards screaming! She shot him with her dad watching the whole thing! The bull turned to leave, and she cut him off and shot again at 15 yards. She and her dad had tears of joy running down their faces. So many years of hunting together and hundreds of boot miles culminated to one very special and memorable day!
View attachment 41488View attachment 41488image 6.jpgimage 7.jpg

Dead On Display | Show Off Your Trophy not our Bracket Systemimage 1.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 5.jpg

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Paddlehead, that's awesome! You should encourage her to write it up and send it into one of the magazines like Western Hunter or Elk Hunter (same company), and preserve that story in pics and print.

I love seeing the youth hunts and pics, but father/daughter stories are big for me because I have only three daughters.

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks 5MilesBack. My wife comes from a family of 5 girls and no boys. She has always hunted with her dad. That is "their thing". Pretty cool. My wife had the foresight to write it down, if nothing else for herself and her dad, when the memories were fresh and vivid. I think it would be cool to get it in a magazine to kind of immortalize the whole experience. By far the highlight of my hunting career. Just glad I was there to partake in the journey, and more glad my calling didnt push the bull out with his cows.

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone who has ever shot and packed a bull can attest to this feeling.

CJC

FNG
1ffccf940200c69e5ff9ed9d90637b7d.jpg

I'm just a long time lurker that doesn't post content so I won't win anything but I wanted to share my photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone who has ever shot and packed a bull can attest to this feeling.

Its a great feeling. But I gotta ask, why the log tied to the antlers? Is that so the antlers hit your legs and don't flop out in front of you or something? Seems like extra weight and something else to snag on the brush.