Best Dall Sheep Outfitters?

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
I realize that my observations aren’t the true picture but in the last couple weeks I have been watching a lot of videos on desert and RM sheep hunts. Mainly just to look at horns and see how sheep react to peoples presence. On the videos done in Mexico there does seem to be a big variance in the type of hunts. One being a rugged mountain hunt with weary sheep and the other being a shoot from the vehicle or blind. I am not opposed to either one and think it is within the hunter’s right to choose the style of hunt they wish to have. No different than choosing between a wilderness elk hunt or hunting lower level terrain. Having access, especially for people who might be up there in age or have limited mobility is important and Mexico definitely seems to provide that option. Of course it comes with a very big price tag. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'd say 95% of operations use vehicles to get around and glass in Mexico. Once they find a good ram you'll hike to get into position. It's a fun hunt IMO and not super strenuous.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
for sheep destination if you want an helicopter to reach faster and higher that remove off the list yukon as we cannot use helicopter for hunting, reaching destination or recovering meat ...

When I did my research for the NWT I didn't hear a bad thing about anyone. I hunted with Gana River a few yrs ago and recommend them highly they were top notch. My brother hunted with Ravens throat last year and said the same thing about them. I used Gana because I could go archery, Ravens stopped archery for sheep

When I did my research for the NWT I didn't hear a bad thing about anyone. I hunted with Gana River a few yrs ago and recommend them highly they were top notch. My brother hunted with Ravens throat last year and said the same thing about them. I used Gana because I could go archery, Ravens stopped archery for sheep

Did you harvest a ram? I’m looking at booking an archery hunt with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rackmastr

WKR
Interested in this. Can you expand on this. I’m looking at an archery sheep and he’s pricy for an 8 day hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one of the top ones I'd consider in the Yukon. They dont take a ton of clients and dont advertise much other than word of mouth. Some very successful bowhunters have hunted with them and killed some great rams. They prioritize age in rams and all I've seen have been quality experiences.

Loco4dux

WKR
Stan Stevens - Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters was excellent. Been at it a long time.