Best Kid Carrier?

krummholz

FNG
Are you looking for a pack to carry your kid while you run? Not sure any will be comfortable for that.... Or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for?

For hiking, I have the Osprey Poco Premium and it works great. Very comfortable to carry and my son seems to be comfortable in it for up to ~1-1.5 hours before I take him out. He is only 6 months so he can't tell me what he really thinks yet. :) Also adjusts easily to different sized people and has room for plenty of junk.

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Kelty one for both my boys until they were about two. Used it on hikes, carrying them out to the duck blind, around town and it worked good, although I don't remember the exact model. But as far as running with one, that sounds terrible for all involved. Try a jogging stroller , my boy's used to love going with me on runs while relaxing in the jogger. For that I used a Bob stroller.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Are you looking for a pack to carry your kid while you run? Not sure any will be comfortable for that.... Or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for?

Correct. We have three strollers. Two singles and a double. I guess i could push them both and carry a pack.

bbrown

WKR
Maybe you could lash both the singles together and pull them - that should make for a good run.
Just don't stop or turn too quickly....

Lukem

WKR
Running with a kid in a pack is a bad idea. You'll be smacking his nose into the back of your head with every stride. I have the Osprey Poco, awesome pack for a hike, not for running.

Hardstalk

WKR
I tried it horseback. Worked well while walking. But as soon as you start trotting things get ugly... Use the jogging stroller. I threw down the funds on a bob stroller. It kix ass

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
We have a Deuter Kid Comfort 3 carrier and it is great. It adjusts to fit my wife who is 5'4" and me at 6'4". That said, I haven't tried to run with a kid in it. That would be a pretty rough ride...

OP
Brandon Pattison
One of my marine corps buddies has another recon buddy that does it all the time. Maybe the kid is bigger/tougher. One can oly dream. She ended up walking a half mile in socks and picking up rocks as I tried steering her in the right direction. Kind of like that Trace Atkins song.

Renoit24

FNG
I use a Kelty Pathfinder 3.0. Works well for my daughter. I can't hike as long as I'm accustomed to, but keeps her protected pretty well and has a sun shade. I can't imaging trying to run with a baby on my back with any carrier. Trying to visualize it is kinda funny.