Best lense protection for SWFA scopes

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The stars finally aligned and I got my hands on a few SWFA 6x scopes.

what do you all use to protect the lenses??? Butler creek???nis there something else? If you use butler creek, which size do you use?

I’d like to stick with some sort of cover that stays on the scope, I like neoprene covers but not looking to go that route with these.

thank you!

I've been using Alpine Innovations ScopeSlickers for the last few years and very happy. Water and dust proof. Easy to remove from lenses and each end is complete with a concealed lens cloth. They have elastic retainers, but I put a wrap of 1/4 velcro around the scope tube both fore and aft of the turrets. I get em on Amazon.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I leave them off the lenses while hunting and only pull them over when weather forces me to.

Last edited:
I agree on the Buttler Creek route. I dig their flip caps and had them on an SWFA.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
you couldnt hardly GIVE away a 6x not too long ago. i didnt need any, but saw them time after time listed and no one wanted them.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Those things are like hunting unicorns right now. Are you a sorcerer, or did you just get lucky?

I got good at being lucky I guess, I didn’t do anything. I put out a few “wtb” adds on a few forums like...2 months ago and just recently got randomly contacted by people who were willing to part with them. I paid 200 dollars each for 2 of them.

Blaw

WKR
I am looking for the same thing...

I have heard the butler creek ones breaking

vortex has some out now that are a more flexible material, I might try those

Fatcamp

WKR
I got good at being lucky I guess, I didn’t do anything. I put out a few “wtb” adds on a few forums like...2 months ago and just recently got randomly contacted by people who were willing to part with them. I paid 200 dollars each for 2 of them.

LOL. I actually sold one on here a couple months ago and have since changed my mind.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
LOL. I actually sold one on here a couple months ago and have since changed my mind.

I sold my 3-9 thinking I was going to upgrade....a Zeiss v4, vx5, Vx3i and a z3 later I realized how stupid that was so I’ve been looking to replace it ever since....I settled for the 6x.

Fatcamp

WKR
I sold my 3-9 thinking I was going to upgrade....a Zeiss v4, vx5, Vx3i and a z3 later I realized how stupid that was so I’ve been looking to replace it ever since....I settled for the 6x.

Ha! I gave my 3-9 to my wife and she is not giving it back. Have a nice Leupold 6X42 LRD on my rifle now but am doubting it's hardiness.