Best or Favorite Bow EVER

LBuchser

WKR
What is your favorite bow or what do you think is the best bow EVER made - for hunting?

I just want people's opinions and experiences. It's not a contest.

I think my all-around favorite bow was my Mathews Heli-M. Can't really say why exactly, I just enjoyed shooting it and had some great hunts with it. It still shoots lights out, though I have had many bows since. Probably never needed to switch though.

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
Mine definitely wouldn't qualify as the best bow ever made, but is hands down my favorite because of sentimental value. Mine is the 1st generation Hoyt Carbon Element. Compared to the bows I have now; it didn't have a smooth draw cycle, and it had really jumpy cams at full draw. But during its time, I absolutely loved that bow and shot great with it. The reason its my favorite, is more having to do with the hunting memories with it. I had the most success with that bow than any other that I've had, and I would say my top 3 or 4 hunting memories ever are with that bow in my hand. Even though I probably wouldn't be hunting with it if I still had it, I really regret selling that bow.

I had an old mathews SQ2 that absolutely loved. Eventually, I couldn't find the parts to keep it going. I had probably 50k shots through it before I finally upgraded.

JasonWi

WKR
2009 Hoyt Katera XL. I still own the bow, haven’t shot it in years. I shot 9 animals with it and it just hit everything I pointed it at.

My 2019 Hoyt Helix Ultra is very similar in specs and it’s enjoyable to shoot. I promised myself I wouldn’t buy anything else until I’d shot at least 5 animals with it. So far I’m at an antelope and blacktail deer and hopefully this season will add whitetail and elk to its total.

Bsax89

FNG
I still shoot a hoyt ultra tec. Upgraded accessories along the way but just can not put the old girl down. Tried a few of the newer bows and they are great but not worth it to me. It will always be my favorite bow.

I still have a soft spot for an old Mathews MQ32. I'll be hunting it some this year.

Have a Hoyt Katera that I think might be the best I ever shot a bow, but ruined it with 80# limbs. Need to put 70 back on it and play with it a bit, but it really wasn't a fun bow to shoot, I just worked well with it.

Still have an old fiberglass youth recurve around somewhere, owe that thing a lot. I think it took me 3 years but I did finally get a pigeon with it. That's what lit the fire.

I ain't too particular, favorite is one in my hand at the time.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
From 2009-2016 I went through 12 flagship bows from many brands, most from trades. I ended up getting a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 on a trade and it is perfect to me. Tunes extremely easy, balances and holds well, smooth draw, good valley, quiet and lightweight. Nothing that has come out since has beat it IMO. It has saved me a lot of money. 😆
B06941EB-855F-4B19-9296-21EA412EBE35.jpeg

CJF

WKR
Mathew’s Switchback XT

The very first day I shot mine…two Robin Hoods. Alas being at 26.5” and most bows blowing it out in the speed category I upgraded but have never shot a hunting bow as accurately as that one.

OP
LBuchser

LBuchser

WKR
Mathew’s Switchback XT

The very first day I shot mine…two Robin Hoods. Alas being at 26.5” and most bows blowing it out in the speed category I upgraded but have never shot a hunting bow as accurately as that one.
I loved my Switchback XT too. I had that until I got my Heli-M.

Brooks

WKR
Another Switchback XT…left handed here. Don’t know if it’s the best bow but I still have it, bought it new the year it came out and killed a good bull with it that September and have taken several more elk with it. I bought a Bow Tech Experience in 2013 and still shoot both of them.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Of all the bows I have owned it's between the Energy 35 and the RX4 Ultra. Feels like I almost can't miss with the ultra when shooting TAC type events.