Best price on Harvest Right freeze dryer

GoatPackr

WKR
I've been wanting a freeze dryer for awhile.
Who's got the best prices?
What I know is you can order directly from Harvest Right.
They do a lay away where you pay $250 now and it locks in the price. You send money as you can and when it's paid for they ship it to you.
Right now they are on sale for $500 off.
I'm planning to put a deposit on a Large one .

Just curious if anyone knows of a better price on them. Seams all the vendors want the same price for them. What about discount codes?

Kris

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Following. For the 500 off deal I may be interested. My wife has found a couple on marketplace used for 1500-2k but i haven’t been able to get to them in time

Not sure where your located but Murdochs does 10-15% off sales a few times a year in store and that’s the best deal I’ve found so far. I don’t see where those prices are reciprocated online though. I would love to get one too but i don’t really have the space for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

GoatPackr

WKR
I'm thinking this $500 off deal is about as good of a deal as I'm going to find.
I think I'll call and talk to them this week. It doesn't look like I can do the layaway online. It's gives a number to call.
We are planning to get the Large.

Kris

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Let me know what you find out. I’m thinking goin medium. It’s probably similar to spending money on a good pack. Once it’s done and I have it I’ll regret not buying it sooner.

bpurtz

WKR
Harvest Right did a Black Friday $500 discount - I didn't buy during that sale and ended up regretting the decision. I just placed my order...

OP
G

GoatPackr

WKR
I've been looking at getting a freeze dryer for about a year. As soon as I put a deposit on a Harvest Right I start seeing other brands.

Anyone looking to get a freeze dryer be sure and look at Stay Fresh. They appear to be a better quality unit and price is similar. They only offer 1 size right now but are supposed to be coming out with a bigger model.

I'm going to contact them and see when they hope to have it on the market and maybe a price for it.
I might be calling HR and asking for my deposit back.

Kris

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
The vacuum pump is key. The Premium pump from Harvest Right has become the standard. The older industrial model of pump requires a lot more attention and maintenance. All Harvest Right units now ship with the Premium pump.

Check the Stay Fresh details to see what type of pump they are offering. Oil changes every 3-4 batches is a pain.

OP
G

GoatPackr

WKR
The vacuum pump is key. The Premium pump from Harvest Right has become the standard. The older industrial model of pump requires a lot more attention and maintenance. All Harvest Right units now ship with the Premium pump.

Check the Stay Fresh details to see what type of pump they are offering. Oil changes every 3-4 batches is a pain.
Stay fresh uses a better pump. They include a filter system for the oil. I don't mind dropping a little oil now and then if the entire system is going to be higher quality and last longer.

Kris