Best Reinforced Leather Belt for Work/Dress (CC when needed)

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing a Mean Gene Leather Victory Aegis belt for about 6 years now. Wear it nearly daily and the double layer leather is plenty stiff and I've carried everything from my G43X in an appendix rig to my Staccato P in an OWB setup - carries everything well.

Gene started out as a saddle maker, then started designing some tactical nylon gear, eventually founding High Speed Gear. Eventually he went back to leather and started making the gunbelts. Can't recommend them enough.

The Aegis buckle makes it really easy to fit the belt perfectly to whatever you're carrying, a noticeable benefit when I switch between a single stack like my G43X or a double stack like my G19.

10/10, highly recommend.

https://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-belt-with-buckle/

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
This is a good thread and certainly important for reasons mentioned here, but $80-$90 for a belt seems high to me but I am cheap. Anybody remember the milkshake scene from Pulp Fiction? 🤣

Regardless, I need to look into the belts mentioned here as, even though I am cheap, I am willing to spend the money if the value is there.

Thanks OP for this thread. (y)

Eddie

Last edited:
Kore, wear mine every day, from jeans and shorts, to under a duty belt. Get the two pack, one leather one nylon and save the leather for more formal occasions, nylon for every day use. The ratchet system is so easy to adjust and fine tune, I don’t know if I could ever go back to a standard belt.

MO-CHSPKE

FNG
Bigfoot Gun Belts gunbelts.com

I have two of them and they are really nice when carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayhawk

WKR
Beltman. I’ve worn one of his belts every single day to work for 10yrs, often under rough conditions, and not a single problem with it. I should write and tell him….

after reading this i had to go see what the fuss was about. could not even find t&k belts with a websearch.

Had an online 'run in' with T&K....wouldn't buy a thing from them. I asked one question in a facebook group about their belts and the price......it was an honest question and you woulda thought I slapped their mom.