Best Rem 700 Trigger and why?

rootacres

WKR
Basically like the title states. I have a trigger tech and overall am very happy with it. The only thing you can't do is adjust in some over travel. Are there some better triggers out there? Cost isn't a huge concern. Im headed to NM on an outfitted elk hunt 10/20 with a rifle and was wondering if I should give something else a shot. Thanks in advance.

I have timmeny in my 700s. I can’t say they are the best but they are easy to install if it is a DIY. The trigger instal is 2 mins plus the mounting to the stock. Been very happy with the three I have.

LaHunter

WKR
I have had Timneys in my M700s for the past several years and I’ve been very happy with them. Mine are set at 2 lbs and they break clean at 2 lbs every time. Installation is pretty easy. I have always read good reviews on Trigger Techs, but I have no experience with them. Maybe give them a call

Big Ern

WKR
Trigger Tech Diamond Pro is really that good. Pricey, but worth it especially if you run a low poundage trigger (<1.5 lbs). I have one in my long range rig. I also have a Timney Calvin Elite in my hunting rig. Noticeable difference. So much so that I am going to swap the Timney for a TT.

cattleman99

Lil-Rokslider
Im a huge fan of TriggerTech's. They're reliable and adjustable "enough". As far as a truly custom trigger, the Bix'n Andy Tac Sport and Tac Sport Pro are where it's at. Adjustable for length of pull, sear engagement, first stage pull weight, and second stage pull weight. Clean breaking and reliable.

Joekidd

FNG
Trigger Tech Diamond Pro is really that good. Pricey, but worth it especially if you run a low poundage trigger (<1.5 lbs). I have one in my long range rig. I also have a Timney Calvin Elite in my hunting rig. Noticeable difference. So much so that I am going to swap the Timney for a TT.
I'm very interested in that eberlestock pack you have and just bumped today I just joined so I need to wait a week before I can comment in classifieds I'd appreciate it if you can wait until next Monday to sell it that's when I should be able to access the comments

0uTkAsT

FNG
I wouldn't bother, personally, but I don't desire any overtravel either so my input may be a moot point. I can say that I have both TriggerTech and Timney triggers in various bolt guns and prefer the TriggerTech overall, mainly because I'm not a huge fan of Timney's big/wide flat shoe and they are close enough in performance that it's otherwise a tossup. I have Geissele, CMC and POF triggers in my gas guns and again, they're all very good but I prefer CMCs just because I like their shoe the most.

I put a 2 stage timney in one of my 700s 20 years ago liked it so I put on in my other 2 700s. Never really tried any of the others...I just like having the same trigger in all my 700s.