Best scope for 22 magnum

RMajors

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking for a good scope for my cz 455 22 magnum. It currently has an older vx-1
4-12x40 on it, which does well for most applications. However I was squirrel hunting recently and shot a squirrel at around 20 yards, and the image was pretty fuzzy in the scope due to parallax. I'd like to have either side focus, or a rimfire specific scope with a shorter parallax setting built in, preferably with around 12x max magnification. What are you guys running? I'm kind of favoring the Tract 4-12x40, just not sure how it compares optically to a Leupold rimfire.

A lot of rimfire scopes are just fixed centerfire scopes with the parallax free distance set down to 50 yds instead of 100 or 200.

If you like the scope you've got you might want to call Leupold to see if they offer a parallax change for a fee.

pc3

WKR
I have a gen 1 Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 milrad model on my Ruger Precision .22 WMR works well and pretty darn clear, I'd say the best model of the gen 1 PST scopes. You might be able to pick one up used at a good price.

I shoot the Hornady critical defense 45 gr wmr ammo through mine and it is accurate. Zero at 50 yards .8 mil dial up and I am spot on at 100 yards.....and close to right out to 115-120 yards

Wapiti1

WKR
The Tract scopes are very nice. I think that they have nicer glass than Leupold.

Hawke Vantage are nice rimfire scopes and Meopta makes a 3-9 Meopro rimfire.

Jeremy