Best Sitka series Jacket and bibs/pants

Looking for advice on what is best series of jacket and pants/ bibs for Temps in teens to 30's for treestand/saddle hunting? I hunt in Mississippi/Alabama but looking to do some Midwest hunting in near future. Just wanting to make best choice I can for outer layer on colder days with some wind.

fwafwow

WKR
Depends on your cold tolerance. I’m not good in the cold, so I did the Fanatic bibs and Incinerator jacket. They worked for me (along with other layers, etc.) for full day sits in those temps.

OP
B
Thanks for the input. I am torn between the Fanatic and Stratus. I handle cold pretty well. I wear normal base layer, with heavyweight merino baselayer and Mountain pants on the bottom and same with on top plus Fanatic Lite jacket into low 30's.

Long Cut

WKR
I have the full stratus setup (bibs, jacket, vest) and it does very well for me in Georgia. Layer with merino and other jackets or hoodies when it gets 15-30F but is versatile for those 40-50 days as well.

Yooper25

FNG
The fanatics are pretty sweet. I pack mine in and put them on in the stand so I don’t sweat. They run small though so try some on before you buy

WinM70

FNG
If you are going down to the teens I would get the Fanatic jacket and bibs.
I agree with the Fanatic series for temps down to the teens and colder. I wear mine with less layers into upper 40s, just layer differently.

Thanks for the input. I am torn between the Fanatic and Stratus. I handle cold pretty well. I wear normal base layer, with heavyweight merino baselayer and Mountain pants on the bottom and same with on top plus Fanatic Lite jacket into low 30's.

Another vote for fanatic set if going to temps in the teens. You won't use it much in Mississippi/Alabama, but when I pair my midi set & fanatic hoody with stratus set, its still not as warm as my fanatic set or remotely close IMO. Adding the kelvin aerolite hoody or fanatic vest will get you close, but the fanatic set is still superior.

Stratus with layers is most versatile but I struggle in the teens with that up top. Legs are fine. I got a kryptek vellus jacket for up top when the temp drops below 25. Packs in better than fanatic. If I only hunted preset stands I would use fanatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schur7559

FNG
The stratus is about perfect for rut hunts where I’m at in southern Wisconsin. Some mornings I wish I had the fanatic but the stratus suffices for the most part. By the time mid to late November rolls around I would go with the fanatic.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt in Mississippi and the perfect setup is Kuiu Proximity. I have tried the Stratus, and the fanatic and they are either too cold or too hot. Stratus is most likely the best bet, but it doesn't get cold enough but for a few days to use the complete fanatic system. The Proximity is between the Stratus and Fanatic. If you are 100% Sitka, the stratus bibs with Fanatic jacket.

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt in Mississippi and the perfect setup is Kuiu Proximity. I have tried the Stratus, and the fanatic and they are either too cold or too hot. Stratus is most likely the best bet, but it doesn't get cold enough but for a few days to use the complete fanatic system. The Proximity is between the Stratus and Fanatic. If you are 100% Sitka, the stratus bibs with Fanatic jacket.

I agree. I’ve had them all and you are correct.

Hunting Tennessee, Ohio and Illinois

JVan

FNG
My go-to for those temps are the Fanatic jacket and bibs with a good merino wool base layer and a light fleece mid layer.

I've had the Stratus set for years in South Texas. In the teens it worked with layers. Bought Fanatic this last year and wore jeans and long sleeve fleece shirt under in the teens and was warm. If you walk any distance with Fanatic unzip legs and jacket or you will sweat.

basdjs

FNG
For the temp range given in the OP, the fanatic set would be best. But I‘ve used the Stratus series down in the low 20’s with a heavy First Lite merino baselayer and puffy midlayer too. I love the versatility of the Stratus. Both are great at keeping the wind off.

Cgeb

WKR
stratus with a fanatic vest over it give a lot of versatility from warm to cold temps