Best sleeping pads for a side sleeper?

feanor

WKR
Big Agnes Air core insulated. Great insulation, 3.5 inches thick, a little noisy, a little heavier, no issues so far. And one of the cheaper pads out there.

bamagun

FNG
Probably outside your price range, but I have a Big Agnes Mystic (i believe thats the model). Its a 15 degree bag and has tons of room in the leg/foot area. I toss and turn alot and being able to put my wide/long mattress pad in the elastic ends on the bottom of the bag are great. I can toss and turn all night long and never have to worry about rolling off the pad or the bag trying to turn with me.

hogcarpy

FNG
I got the Xtherm specifically because I’m a side sleeper. I has worked well for me. It is a bit noisy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

octavius

FNG
I have just got a Seat to Summit pad too after having good luck with Exped mats. Just got a bit paranoid about them leaking.

Regarding side sleeping I think a good pillow system, improvised or otherwise, can make the difference

Adventure

FNG
I’ve a great success with the Xtherm and I’m a side sleeper. I really like the weight, comfort and warms features. Noise is not really that bad

I have an Xtherm and Xlite and wife and I agree they are not the best for side sleepers--which we both are. If I wasn't such a weight weenie I'd have bought something else by now.

I picked up the Klymit Static V2 this year at the sheep show for $40 bucks. I only have one night on it so far on a scouting trip. I slept great on that thing, I'm a big dude and a side sleeper also and I had zero complaints. Time will tell though.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Being a side sleeper and really happy with my most recent system, so thought i would share. I have used and still use the Xtherm for cold nights. Im a cold sleeper and run the Katabatic quilt. this is a warm setup, but not the most comfortable. Not to mention that i have patched several holes in the pad.
I have 2 klymit pads, one cheap and heavy and cold, and one that is heavy and warm. Both are durable, and have never seen a puncture. Again though, not the most comfortable.
I picked up the new Sea to summit comfort lite. Warm but not the most comfortable for a side sleeper.

My new favorite is the Ether Light XT Insulated. Its warmish, and durable, and comfortable! I paired it up with the Aeros premium pillow. I honestly didn't think i could be as comfortable in the backcountry as I am now. Really love this setup. It is warm, but not Xtherm warm, so for early and mid season Ill be using the Ether Light XT, but for late season, ill go back to the Xtherm.

The Big Agnes Q-Core SLX has been great for me as well. Used to run the ThermaRest NeoAir, but its too narrow and way too noisy. The BA has been great so far.

lgall

FNG
I just bought a Klymit it’s 27”wide and weighs just under 2lbs. I plan on using it with my Enlightened Equipment 10degree quilt. I’m almost 300lbs and so far so good.

SR270

FNG
I have been using the Klymit static V ultralight. It is a narrow pad, but works well for me, as a side sleeper.

I have a klymit static v 2 and really like it. I side sleep on it very well and it’s less than $50 I think.

Geech

FNG
I’ve just got a Sea to Summit Ether Light XT Insulated and have only spent 1 night with it, but was really surprised at how comfortable it is as an active side sleeper

xcutter

WKR
This past weekend I tried out my new Klymit Static V Luxe Insulated. I'm super impressed with how comfortable this pad was. I tend to sleep on my side and belly. I'm a big guy and this pad kept me off the ground no problem.

JohnB

WKR
REI is running a 25% off sale on Thermarests until 9/2, check that out. I've been pretty happy with my XTherm year round and am likely going to pick up one for my wife too.

tlkaetz

WKR
Neoair Xlite & Xtherm. I'm a side, stomach and back sleeper throught the night and I've never had an issue. I've got the long/wide in both and I personally think that makes a huge difference.

wyosam

WKR
I use an older Big Agnes inflatable AND a Thermarest z-lite. The combo is key for me. The z-lite is bulky but weighs nothing. I carry it most of the time while hunting (even on day trips) because it is great to sit on while glassing, grabbing a quick afternoon nap, etc.

Zoso5150

WKR
What do you like for a sleeping pad if you sleep on your side? I’m a bigger guy so thicker the better I’m assuming. Not looking to spend $200-$300 either. Is there such a thing as a comfy pad under that price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 for the Klymit V for a side sleeper. Very happy with mine so far.