Best trad bow quiver

Not many will know of these but I think Marksman are by far the best bow mounted quiver for a traditional bow.

I've used great northern and have seen selway and thunderhorn, and none of them come close to the quality of these quivers.
Very clean minimalist mounting system that is rock solid.

792a9501783118796fdb23296535f615.jpg

Last edited:
OP
mallacootasmoothie
I did look at the efa quivers but am glad I got the marksman. The prices on the website are in Australian dollars too so most of you guys will come out well in front after the exchange rate.

ozyclint

WKR
mark makes a fine product. these are completely modular. everything fits everything allowing you to build a quiver to your liking. or if in the future you want a different sized hood or gripper you can purchase them and they will fit the brackets you already have.

he has some new products coming out very soon. again these are fully compatible with his current stock. i won't give anything away and steal his thunder but they will make his system the most innovative quiver system available.

the big Mao

Lil-Rokslider
there's another one you might also want to look at; Creek Walker Trading has a custom quiver that will match the wood of your bow. Bell's Custom Bow Quiver. I shoot a Toelke Whip, and the one that's on it now, I can't stand-two separate pieces, top and bottom, holding 3 shafts. The thing moves around all over the place and I'm constantly snugging it down on the limbs. But a side, hip or back quiver doesn't work either, for various reasons. I'm ordering a Bell's next month.

Beendare

WKR
Thats it...4 arrows?

Heck I'm 2 practice arrows into a hunt at just the one mile mark.

i don't need a Ted Nugent 30 arrow quiver or anything...but i don't like running out of bullets!

OP
mallacootasmoothie
Thats it...4 arrows?

Heck I'm 2 practice arrows into a hunt at just the one mile mark.

i don't need a Ted Nugent 30 arrow quiver or anything...but i don't like running out of bullets!

Yep that's my bow with the 4 arrow quiver, one practice arrow and I haven't lost one on a hunt yet.

I do love stump shooting though!

You can get these quivers in 4,5,6 arrow.

OP
mallacootasmoothie
Just updated my original post with the new web address for Marksman quivers, they are still by far the nicest made and most refined quiver for a trad bow.

Thanks for the info and link. The current exchange makes them roughly $150 - $155 US plus shipping from AU.

I've personally had outstanding service and satisfaction from Thunderhorn Mfg in Montana. I've owned about every model of quiver they've ever made and none of them have given me a moment's trouble. I've used them hard and abused them at times....no failures.

sveltri

WKR
Selway and GN are hard to beat for me. If for no other reason their designs keep the fletching from touching each other. I can't stand the noise of feathers rubbing against each other. That was my only gripe with the Thunderhorn.

LostArra

WKR
there's another one you might also want to look at; Creek Walker Trading has a custom quiver that will match the wood of your bow. Bell's Custom Bow Quiver. I shoot a Toelke Whip, and the one that's on it now, I can't stand-two separate pieces, top and bottom, holding 3 shafts. The thing moves around all over the place and I'm constantly snugging it down on the limbs. But a side, hip or back quiver doesn't work either, for various reasons. I'm ordering a Bell's next month.

mao: just a suggestion to keep a strap-on quiver secure. Cut two 1 inch sections of skinny bicycle tube (700c works for most limbs). If it's a powdered tube rinse it off and dry it. Remove string and slide the tube "rings" down the limb on to the fadeouts where you want the quiver section to be strapped on. The tubing should be very tight on the limb. Then tightly strap on your quiver over the tubing. It won't move. This works with rubber straps or velcro straps. The Marksman quiver has a rubber spacer but the bicycle tube method requires less marking and trimming.

I just don't like having my arrows fanned out like that and prefer a circular grip on my quiver for a tighter profile...to each his/her own.

Blacktail Legacy Gemsbok2.jpg

bobinmi

WKR
I like Selways. Ive got a limb bolt quiver that works great on my takedown, a slide on mounted to my longbow and I'm ordering a quick detach this week for a short riser takedown bow that I use. Solid stuff and I appreciate that they support my favorite podcasts.