Best Ultralight Action for 7PRC build?

gtriple

WKR
I'm starting to gather components to get a custom rifle built to replace my factory Christensen 300PRC.

The options I've found (from lightest to heaviest):
Pierce Custom Titanium - 20.8oz
Lone Peak Razor Ti - 21.5oz
Defiance Anti - 22.2oz
Pierce Shadow - 22.4oz
Defiance Anti-X - 23.4oz
BAT Machine Vampire - 25oz
BAT Machine Vesper - 26oz
Kelbly Nanook - 26.5oz

Tikka factory action - 27.625oz
Tikka factory action w/ Ti bolt handle - 27.125oz
Skeletonized Tikka action w/ Ti bolt handle - 22.2oz

Any others I should consider?

Top considerations:
1. Weight - must be lighter than a Tikka Action
2. Fits XLR Element 4.0 MG Rem 700 LA Chassis
3. Consistent and reliable feeding and ejection

If anybody has specific feedback about these actions or other comparable ones, please feel free to post. I'm sure all are fantastic, so this is probably splitting hairs... but that's exactly the kind of accuracy I expect 😉.

Last edited:

WKR

WKR
Bat machine vampire/vesper
Kelbly nanook

I'm going through the same process right now and have narrowed it down to one of the bat actions

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Bat machine vampire/vesper
Kelbly nanook

I'm going through the same process right now and have narrowed it down to one of the bat actions
Hmm. Both of those are listed as heavier than the Defiance Anti-X. Are there items missing from the weight of the Anti-X that those include?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Suppose you had those actions and a Bat Vesper sitting on a bench in front of you. IMO most would choose the BAT.

Dunky

WKR
another one in your weight range that is pretty nice and affordable is the Pierce Shadow. About the same weight as the anti and a lot less expensive after the price increase

Tahoe1305

WKR
Since this is Rokslide, I’d feel we’d be missing something not to recommend a tikka. It is just a smidge heavier(~27.5oz) than those actions listed, however if you are ok using their BM (2.5oz with mag) you can make up more than that weight and be 3-4oz ahead in final build.

If you plan to run 180gr or less length bullets the mag limitations shouldn’t be an issue.

I'm starting to gather components to get a custom rifle built to replace my factory Christensen 300PRC.

The options I've found are:
Defiance Anti-X - 23.4oz
Defiance Anti - 22.2oz
Pierce Custom Titanium - 20.8oz
Lone Peak Razor Ti - 21.5oz
BAT Machine Vampire - 25oz
BAT Machine Vesper - 26oz
Kelbly Nanook - 26.5oz
Pierce Shadow - 22.4oz

Any others I should consider?

Top considerations:
1. Weight
2. Fits XLR Element 4.0 MG Rem 700 LA Chassis
3. Consistent and reliable feeding and ejection

If anybody has specific feedback about these actions or other comparable ones, please feel free to post. I'm sure all are fantastic, so this is probably splitting hairs... but that's exactly the kind of accuracy I expect 😉.
Avoid Ti at all cost
If money isn't a concern get the Vesper, I had the AnTi and it doesn't come close to the feel and function of a BAT

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Since this is Rokslide, I’d feel we’d be missing something not to recommend a tikka. It is just a smidge heavier(~27.5oz) than those actions listed, however if you are ok using their BM (2.5oz with mag) you can make up more than that weight and be 3-4oz ahead in final build.

If you plan to run 180gr or less length bullets the mag limitations shouldn’t be an issue.
That's currently what I am running. Check my sig. I already have 3 semi-custom Tikkas. I'm really wondering if there's a weight advantage to be had going to a custom.

One other that you might take a look at since it looks like 26 ozs is on the high side of what you are looking for is the Defiance Rebel. If you configure it the right way when you order it you should be about 25-26 ozs if going with a sheep port and extra-deep flutes. Mine are both just a bit more than 25 ozs and have been rock solid. I know with the price increases Defiance kind of shot themselves in the foot but its a fine action IMHO and might work for your needs??

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Alright, I've added to the considerations. If it is not significantly lighter (2+ oz) lighter than a Tikka action, then I'll probably stick with the factory Tikka action.

I'm also considering skeletonizing a Tikka action and swapping out the bolt handle for a titanium one. That would get me down to 22.2oz.

TxLite

WKR
Alright, I've added to the considerations. If it is not significantly lighter (2+ oz) lighter than a Tikka action, then I'll probably stick with the factory Tikka action.

I'm also considering skeletonizing a Tikka action and swapping out the bolt handle for a titanium one. That would get me down to 22.2oz.
Not sure what barrel length you’re looking at or what overall weight you’re trying to hit, but my buddy’s 18” Tikka 7mm-08 build came out to 5lb 13oz with a carbonsix sendero and a Stocky’s VG2. A 7prc would be virtually identical.

Attachments

• 1D7BA170-612C-4614-9BCF-E2FEF0F66949.jpeg
    1D7BA170-612C-4614-9BCF-E2FEF0F66949.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 74
OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Not sure what barrel length you’re looking at or what overall weight you’re trying to hit, but my buddy’s 18” Tikka 7mm-08 build came out to 5lb 13oz with a carbonsix sendero and a Stocky’s VG2. A 7prc would be virtually identical.
My plan is a 18" Proof Sendero Light. I'd like to run an XLR (I like the ergos and folding stock) but may get a Stockys UL to try out.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Mine came out same in 7wsm. 20” C6 featherweight w/Ti handle (mag out so would be 5lb 13oz). Same stock.

I do think trimming some metal off the tikka is a neat option. But reality is you may save 3-4oz. Not sure it’s worth the pain….especially on a heavier kicking rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_7169.jpeg
    IMG_7169.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 46