Best vest for upland dog

What’s everyone’s vote for waterfowl? Had cabelas, banded and gander brands. Lots more options out there now.
I bought the Versa vest for my lab and tried really hard to like it but she just didn't seem comfortable in it. I liked the concept of being able to adjust the fit around the legs and chest without having to cut it. I ended up returning it becuase it seemed really stiff and impeded her movement. I'd say it's worth looking into though. Looked to be really well made.

Alright so I got the cuga vest I ordered and am definitely returning it. Decided to trim the cabelas vest i have and order a few different ones and see which works best. I already ordered the momarsh versa vest with orange side plates because a few of my buddies run them and love them. Also a Mendota skid plate from all the recommendations here. Maybe I'll keep them both and have an early and late season vest, maybe I'll return one. Who knows!
Hey any update on the vests you got? I'm currently in the same situation as you, and curious your experience after a season or two

I switched from the skid plate to the Scheels vest linked below. Great protection AND visibility. Saved my dog big time in an encounter with some barbed wire last season.

Hey any update on the vests you got? I'm currently in the same situation as you, and curious your experience after a season or two
Ended up selling the momarsh because it rubbed to bad on him as well. Have yet to find anything I like

Ive been running these on my pointers for a couple years. Had issues with the old model and stitching failing, LCS replaced it for free with the new model. At 35$ its affordable and effective, firs nicely, doesnt rub anywhere on my GSP or GWP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from the skid plate to the Scheels vest linked below. Great protection AND visibility. Saved my dog big time in an encounter with some barbed wire last season.

This is what I use for my dogs.

Bringing this one back to the top. Looking at dog vests and doing the research tonight for our 80 pound chocolate lab "Gunner". He's been out dove hunting, but now its time for waterfowl, upland quail, and Crane hunting. I bought the rex specs tonight, and have been researching vests. Going to get the Momarsh Versa Vest for him. That covers waterfowl and crane, but looking at warm weather options for upland. Over the next few weeks gotta train him to wear the new gear.

Three that im considering are the LCS, the Medota skidplate, and the SYLMAR Body Guard Dog Vest. Look forward to hearing your opinions.

I like the Cuga vests. They make a "narrow" one for the pointer breeds (I have female Drahthaars) and the dogs never get chaffed from the vest. I sure wish they made one that would fit my wirehair dachshund, I'd buy it in a minute.
For water work I have a Browning vest that has nice adjustability (but not good reviews) and it works fine for my Drahts, I have a Momarsh and I'm not impressed. I did see a new Carhart dog vest that looked like the Browning vest.

Back