Best wool or wool blend tall boot socks?

Hello, Any recommendations for wool or wool blend boot socks for the taller Kenetrek boots? I typically like to wear one thicker and one thinner pair of socks when i wear my rubber hunting boots in VA, but it was suggested that i look into wool or wool/blend socks for my western hunt and the new boots. Any suggestions other than the $25-$30 a pair boot socks? Thanks in advance for your help!

sndmn11

WKR
Point6 has 50% off for today only.

Smart Wool's founders, using core spun and a cleaner process in the USA.

Sorted for over the calf height

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Farm to feet makes amazing socks. You get what you pay for typically. Its worth it for the backcountry to have two pairs of good socks to rotate. What is $50 compared to the rest of your gear?
“The difference between a live grunt and a dead grunt? Your feet!”
Take care of your feet!

nosajnh

FNG
For cold weather muck/rubber boots I like the darn tough lightweight otc ski/snowboard socks as my thin base layer and the hunting otc sock as my outer layer. They have an ultra lightweight otc sock as well.

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up on cabelas ultimax socks and loved them. But the first time I tried darn tough I was a changed man. It’s like a vacation for my feet every time they’re on. I don’t know how they’re that much better than other brands but they are!

yohavos

FNG
I have really been enjoying my Buffalo Wool Co. socks. I haven’t pulled the trigger on a new pair of the Kenai’s, but I plan to!

I really like their Pro Gear crew socks and am waiting for my size to come back in stock.

I wear Darn Tough. I watch for them on sale and buy a pair or two every year. But if I needed them and they weren't on sale I would buy them anyway. So I make sure that doesn't happen. I been trying hunting and boot socks for 45 years and these Darn Tough socks work the best so far for me.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
I have really been enjoying my Buffalo Wool Co. socks. I haven’t pulled the trigger on a new pair of the Kenai’s, but I plan to!

I really like their Pro Gear crew socks and am waiting for my size to come back in stock.

These things rock

For boot height socks, I have a mix of darn tough and thorlo I think the darn tough are better but cost more. The Thorlo military versions are great and relatively cheap.

in terms of costs, I think high end socks are spendy but worth it. They function better and last longer than cheap socks. You just have to understand that it isn’t the animal as your $3 a pair sweat socks. While $20-30 a pair seems crazy, they function a lot better and my feet stay healthier and happier.

I have several pairs of these socks ,, expensive, but best most comfortable socks ive ever worn, summer hikes, hunting, snowmobiling, these are the socks I wear

575 ELK

FNG
I’ve been buying top of the line boots for hunting in NM rough terrain for a long time and I used to have to tape my feet up to keep from getting blisters.

Ever since I started using Smart Wool socks I don’t need to tape up anymore. I’ve tried a lot of different socks but the Smart Wools have been absolutely the best for me.