Better than leupold

KenLee

WKR
Custom Leupold vx3 (greybull $1000), then an NXS moar-t, now an NX8 moar. The NX8 is better than my NXS in every way. Glass is better than the NXS, zero issues on overcast days, and way better than my 2 swfa ss fixed scopes, but those are $250 so it's to be expected. The leupold had decent glass but click values were off, it shit the bed twice, then went away.
The time/complexity to change illumination level on the NXS was a nonstarter for me.
Eyebox on the NX8 seemed very finicky to me. I practice and sling a good many shots at moving game, so the eyebox issue may be a bigger issue for me than it is for most.

wapitibob

WKR
Never used illumination, probably never will. I use a rail so I had plenty of adjustment to get the scope where I needed it. I had way more trouble with the swfa eye box, never could get it right.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a Meopta Optika 5 two years ago and have been very happy with it. Prior to the Meopta purchase, I only ever used Leupold.

Sinko

FNG
I been down this road. I'd not buy a vortex unless its a razor and then you can get in a VX-5 for the same cost.