Better than leupold

Randy11

Lil-Rokslider
The Maven CRS line are really legit scopes for the money. The 4-16 is ridiculously light and compact, and the glass doesn't suck.

gearguywb

WKR
Do you really want to upgrade or just something different? The Trijicons seem like very nice scopes.

If you truly want to upgrade, save some pennies and pick up a NF. You won't be sorry

KenLee

WKR
Do you really want to upgrade or just something different? The Trijicons seem like very nice scopes.

If you truly want to upgrade, save some pennies and pick up a NF. You won't be sorry
Really?
I've been sorry every time I looked through a Nightforce pre sunrise and post sunset.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Meopta makes several in that price range you're considering. Several reticle options. They made scopes for Zeiss for years, and most of the Cabelas branded optics. Nice scopes.

nobody

WKR
In response to OP's question... it depends if you want an observation optic or an aiming device.

Glass doesn't matter if the scope sucks mechanically and in reliability. The new VX5HD's from Leupold have pretty solid glass, but their mechanical reliability and durability is garbage compared to the old fixed M8's and such.

The scopes you mention will all have comparable glass to one another, meaning they're all ok.

They also have comparable mechanical function and reliability to one another, meaning they're all poor.

If you want to upgrade your aiming device (which is the SOLE function of a riflescope), pick up an SWFA, Nightforce, or a Trijicon.

Start reading here:

OP
Flgrizzy

Flgrizzy

Lil-Rokslider
In response to OP's question... it depends if you want an observation optic or an aiming device.

Glass doesn't matter if the scope sucks mechanically and in reliability. The new VX5HD's from Leupold have pretty solid glass, but their mechanical reliability and durability is garbage compared to the old fixed M8's and such.

The scopes you mention will all have comparable glass to one another, meaning they're all ok.

They also have comparable mechanical function and reliability to one another, meaning they're all poor.

If you want to upgrade your aiming device (which is the SOLE function of a riflescope), pick up an SWFA, Nightforce, or a Trijicon.

Start reading here:
Thanks again EVERYONE and Yes, I should have specified “Rifle Scopes”.. Also, I’d like to stay no more than 700 …IF POSSIBLE for something (that may be) more reliable, dependable and repeatable than the Leupold’s that I’m accustomed to ?

nobody

WKR
Thanks again EVERYONE and Yes, I should have specified “Rifle Scopes”.. Also, I’d like to stay no more than 700 …IF POSSIBLE for something (that may be) more reliable, dependable and repeatable than the Leupold’s that I’m accustomed to ?
Option #1 - SWFA 3-15. On sale now and in stock, use the savings towards a quality picatinny rail and some Seekins Precision rings

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-3-15x42-ss-30mm-riflescope-107011.html

Option #2 - SWFA 3-9. Backordered now, but a great optic. Also on sale.

KenLee

WKR
For the
WOW!… This is VERY SURPRISING to me !!
Pr
You won't find a Nightforce for your $700-1000 budget which will make you happy in low light.
Heck at $1,000 I doubt for visibility and reticle you'd prefer them over the VX-3 you have. For dialing dependability, I'm sure the NF would be better.
Sales on Trijicon Credo and Accupoint, Leica Amplus, and Zeiss V4 are your best options, in my opinion.

gearguywb

WKR
Really?
I've been sorry every time I looked through a Nightforce pre sunrise and post sunset.
Wow. I think that is literally the first time I have ever heard that. I guess it just goes to show how everyone's eyes are different.

KenLee

WKR
Wow. I think that is literally the first time I have ever heard that. I guess it just goes to show how everyone's eyes are different.
Since you are happy with it, what Nightforce scope and reticle are you hunting with on afternoons when it's raining or cloudy and/or no moon?

Nails

FNG
IMO, stay with what you have and use the money for more ammo! Any perceived gain you might get by buying something new, really won't make a huge benefit unless you're shooting really long distances.

wapitibob

WKR
Since you are happy with it, what Nightforce scope and reticle are you hunting with on afternoons when it's raining or cloudy and/or no moon?

Custom Leupold vx3 (greybull $1000), then an NXS moar-t, now an NX8 moar. The NX8 is better than my NXS in every way. Glass is better than the NXS, zero issues on overcast days, and way better than my 2 swfa ss fixed scopes, but those are $250 so it's to be expected. The leupold had decent glass but click values were off, it shit the bed twice, then went away.