Better way to pack sleeping bag?

I run the Kifaru stuff sack. You end up with a tube shape instead of a ball. Packs better for me.

JK47

FNG
I have a super light 40 degree bag that I really like. I also have a Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor Extreme(I think that’s what it is….) liner for it if it gets cold. That combo works really well for me. The liner is small and light and doesn’t take up hardly any space in my pack.

As for packing, I just shove my bag into the bottom without the stuff sack, as many have already mentioned.

I never use a stuff sack for my sleeping bag. I have it in a bivy and put the bivy/bag directly into the bottom of my pack. I realize this takes more square inches then using a stuff sack but I also end up with less empty "air space" in my pack so it actually gives me more room. Try it in your pack before you do anything else, it is free
This is your answer. When I bought my Exo K4 I went to a smaller bag than my Fulcrum. Initially, I had issues fitting everything and this saved a ton of space. Not to mention the weight of the stuff sack.

OP
T
This is your answer. When I bought my Exo K4 I went to a smaller bag than my Fulcrum. Initially, I had issues fitting everything and this saved a ton of space. Not to mention the weight of the stuff sack.

How does everyone keep the sleeping bag from expanding and taking over the entire backpack? I’ve tried stuffing it in the bottom and if I very quickly smash everything else in the pack and zip it shut, it’s contained until I open it. The sleeping bag is like that yellow expanding foam lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk