WTB Beware of Scammers

Longbow42

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple weeks back, I posted a WTB for a Zeiss Duralyt scope on here. Someone reached out through my Email and said they had one to sell for $500, Postal MO only which should have alerted me. They sent me pics that they copied from a member's post on here who had the scope listed a couple years back. After a week of them receiving MO, they stopped responding to me. Person's name was Cristin Vaden in 5649 Grindstone Loop, Wesley Chappel, FL. I plan to file reports with USPS and Police. Please beware!

WoodBow

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sucks that happened to you but that is the exact SOP of a scammer. Never ever send a money order to a stranger. Use multiple methods to verify that they have the item in their possession and then only pay with paypal goods and services so your money is protected. The 3% is real cheap peace of mind.

serorem

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people who post WTB ads need to state they will only pay via PayPal G&S. I think that will alleviate a lot of scammers. There are many things I WTB on these forums but with all the scamming going on, I will just wait until something I want pops up.

Rob5589

WKR
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Trying not to sound like a Richard but, how many times can you hear the same old wtb sob story? People are far too naive with their hard earned cash.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Trying not to sound like a Richard but, how many times can you hear the same old wtb sob story? People are far too naive with their hard earned cash.

Can’t fix stupid! It’s like changing a PW. Far to complex for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cmahoney

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I think people who post WTB ads need to state they will only pay via PayPal G&S. I think that will alleviate a lot of scammers. There are many things I WTB on these forums but with all the scamming going on, I will just wait until something I want pops up.

I stick with itunes gift cards from 7-11, kindly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk