Bic is the Glock of lighters

dtrkyman

WKR
I bought a 10 pack last year, have one all over the place,as well as probably 4 or 5 extras in my vehicle I’m random spots.

I have a Detroit red wings one in my archery tackle box for probably 20 years, still going strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
Walmart has 5 and 7 (5 full size 2 mini) packs that come out to 1$ a piece, usually grab 1 or 2 if I have to venture in there.

Don't forget to pop that child proof off them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Q child

WKR
I bought a 10 pack last year, have one all over the place,as well as probably 4 or 5 extras in my vehicle I’m random spots.

I have a Detroit red wings one in my archery tackle box for probably 20 years, still going strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. a 20 year old Bic lighter? That's gotta be a record. Mine last for a couple months before I lose them forever.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, they always seem to work........until I need them to. In the cold at altitude, they just never seem to want to light. And the first thing in the morning when I'm trying to light my lantern, my coffee water, and my heater.......that is not the best time to piss me off. I can get my stove and heater lit with my torch, but it's kind of difficult to get that flame inside my lantern without destroying it. :mad:

My G20 on the other hand always works in every situation I've wanted, needed, or expected it to.

Pdzoller

WKR
I once found a Bic floating in a river. It was worn round and faded from being in there so long. I dried it out and it lit on the second strike.

robtattoo

WKR
Counterpoint:

Scripto > Bic.

Screenshot_20231229_180131_Chrome.jpg

I've never had one fail, although The Wife does tend to steal then immediately lose 6 out of every 7 I buy.
I've got at least 2 in every hunting pack, 2 in my bino harness, I think 10 in the truck, 1 in my pocket (don't smoke) & good only knows how many scattered around the house & basement!

EFIT: I just remembered, each of my ARs has one wrapped in duct tape in the grip!

I have them spread out all over the place. Truck, home, pack, work, etc. I also have an old Cabela’s windproof/waterproof lighter that refills with butane. That sucker burns hot since it has a little heating coil on it as well. I’ve had that thing for at least 30 years!

Mosby

WKR
I just bought 2 Bic lighters this week with the extended neck. Wrapped some bright pink duct tape around them and they're good to go. I like to leave a couple in my truck.....just in case.

Darryle

WKR
They work when and if I can find them, otherwise I buy a few more and then promptly find the rest. But yes, they have just about perfected cheap disposable lighters.

Oldbuff

FNG
I recently purchased two Bic lighters. I always travel with at least one or two of them.