Big Agnes Park Bags and Q-Core SLX pads

Anyone on here use either of these and have any feedback on? I can't find a whole lot of reviews on either of them... any opinions or experiences with them would be greatly appreciated.

I just spent my first couple nights on a SLX. It was very comfy and seems solid. It is a tad noisy when I moved around but I think that comes with the territory with the pads.

I use both, great system if you are not an ounce counter. I think the spoon bags from Nemo may be a little lighter and has the waterproof foot bed which is nice with down bags and tipi style tents with condensation. I am a big guy and there is tons of room in those park bags. Also look at the encampment 15 long. It got a good amount of room and its synthetic if you are worried about moisture.

I have had the park bag for about 5 years now. Love the room and packs good but can't quite figure out the feeling damp/cold bit in middle of night early morning, not sure if its the whole sleeve style with only the pad underneath or not??? use the Q core which is super comfy. I will say that BA customer service is excellent when you have a problem.

I have a couple park bags for different temps. I absolutely love them. The pad is always underneath me wear it should and I have plenty of room to toss and turn. I may try a quilt if I was goi g sheep hunting but until then I'm staying with BA

I think y’all sold me on both the pad and bag. I was pretty sure it was what I wanted but now I’m positive on the two.

the fact that you cant slide off your pad is so underated. that can be a pain in the a$$ when you are tossing and turning.

Back