Big Agnes Q Core SLX???

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the Qcore SLX? Im looking for a new lightweight pad and im leaning toward it or the Thermorest Xlite. The Big Agnes seems more comfortable and possibly quieter? Has anyone tried both to compare?

cvsetter

FNG
used one this summer afew times and two weeks in colorado this september.while it was comfortable on the forth night it would not hold air through the night.could'nt find a hole anywhere,pretty sure its leaking at the valve.so take it for what its worth,interesting to hear other users experiences.

Jbehredt

WKR
My wife has one. I have an xtherm. The BA feels like a pool floaty. It’s super thick so takes some effort to inflate. The horoizontal baffles on the the thermarest are a no go for me. Too bouncy. The pressure from my heavy spots pushes the light spots up so lying on my back feels like my head is downhill. On paper they were perfect combinations of weight comfort and packed size. That said we both decided to bite the bullet and carry some extra ounces for improved sleep.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm the opposite, I can't stand the vertical baffles which push you to one side or the other. I like my xtherm and Xlite pads, but I'm running a Klymit Static v Luxe now. That 30" wide pad solves a lot of things.
My wife has one. I have an xtherm. The BA feels like a pool floaty. It’s super thick so takes some effort to inflate. The horoizontal baffles on the the thermarest are a no go for me. Too bouncy. The pressure from my heavy spots pushes the light spots up so lying on my back feels like my head is downhill. On paper they were perfect combinations of weight comfort and packed size. That said we both decided to bite the bullet and carry some extra ounces for improved sleep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
I'm the opposite, I can't stand the vertical baffles which push you to one side or the other. I like my xtherm and Xlite pads, but I'm running a Klymit Static v Luxe now. That 30" wide pad solves a lot of things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sea to summit comfort plus insulated for me now. Tiny little cloud baffles.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Thermarest is releasing a new ultralight pad this year. It's going to be called the NeoAir Uberlite. 8.8 oz. 2.0 R-value.

It weight is your main concern, might be worth a look. Not a great cold weather pad though.

nickstone

WKR
I used a BA SLX all last year and overall I was pretty happy with it, my only issue is that does slide around on tyvek alot, I've been meaning to add a few small beads of silicone but haven not gotten around to it. I have no experience with the xlite, but I did have the vluxe before that and hated it. It's nice that it is wider, but the design of the vluxe is horrible if you are a fat side sleeper.

OP
K

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider

What did you switch to?

Gobspur

FNG
I got the Q core SLX. Yellow one i believe. Got about 10 nights on it, and I really like it. Its like 4.25 inches thick or something. I leave it slightly deflated and its super comfy. About 23-24oz if I remember right. No issues so far, but id suggest the pumphouse bag to blow it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk