Big and Tall Elk Gear

Lyeatman

FNG
What’s the best alternative for some 3X and 4X gear to go out west elk hunting for the first week of October?

haus

FNG
What’s the best alternative for some 3X and 4X gear to go out west elk hunting for the first week of October?
If ya can post up general dimensions I'd be able to answer more specifically.
At 6'7" with longer torso i can fit into most first lite gear. Only short item has been the chama hoody which they made a belly shirt for some reason. Everything else is good.

Kuiu raingear fits no problem, havent tried their other items.

Sitka pants in tall fit, shirts and jackets are very inconsistent. Some models have a longer torso and fit really well, others are belly shirts.

I've mostly leaned towards FL because of the fit, but sitka being retail you do have the advantage to try things on first.

OP
Lyeatman

Lyeatman

FNG
I think measurements would be about 6”3’ about 340. (It’s not me, so I don’t know a chest measurement or waist measurement)

I think measurements would be about 6”3’ about 340. (It’s not me, so I don’t know a chest measurement or waist measurement)
I'm 6'4" 260lbs. I also appreciate tall sizes when I can find them.

Toad tip: Wear gaiters on the pant legs when pants are a little short. I also look for shirts with the thumb holes to pull the arms over my wrists and keep them there preventing drafts. Sitka and First Lite both make shirts with the thumb holes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk