Big box of First Lite-review

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Did they change something with it from previous years? (Like the mid section cut or sizing!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is what they said "
No change in the jacket in 2019 but last year we did use
a quieter face fabric" So mine has the quieter face fabric but since I didn't have a pre-2018 model to compare against, I didn't notice it. I've always thought the FL puffy (I've owned 2013 and 2105 models) was pretty quiet, almost bowhunting quiet.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
this is what they said "
No change in the jacket in 2019 but last year we did use
a quieter face fabric" So mine has the quieter face fabric but since I didn't have a pre-2018 model to compare against, I didn't notice it. I've always thought the FL puffy (I've owned 2013 and 2105 models) was pretty quiet, almost bowhunting quiet.
Thanks for following up Robby.

Total agree, especially when it’s cold enough out to move in one. I ran one as an outer layer recurve hunting on a really cold weekend and was very impressed with the hunting specific features like lack of noise, breath ability, hood cut, and tapered arms. I’d buy another one immediately if they got the torso cut cleaned up. Even a small was cavernous, but I get why (extra layering). It’s a really nicely designed piece.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for following up Robby.

Total agree, especially when it’s cold enough out to move in one. I ran one as an outer layer recurve hunting on a really cold weekend and was very impressed with the hunting specific features like lack of noise, breath ability, hood cut, and tapered arms. I’d buy another one immediately if they got the torso cut cleaned up. Even a small was cavernous, but I get why (extra layering). It’s a really nicely designed piece.

Sure thing and thanks for chiming in about your observations

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
There are a lot of good quality hunting clothes companies out there but they aren’t cheap. This is a mail order cloth retailer that has a decent selection of wool products. Knowing someone that knows how to sew can be tough though. Right now they currently have a 15% off sale

https://naturesfabrics.com

sndmn11

WKR
#1 Chamberlain
#2 Uncompahgre
#3 Brooks Sweater

but per oz, I'd go with the Brooks

That is all I've tried, though, so there may be more options.

Thank you. Are we talking a little bit of difference, like a 10/9/8 scoring, or a big difference like a 10/7/4 difference. I have an Uncompahgre that I wear daily and love, but those later rifle seasons I hunted last year I had many layers (furnace, springer, chama, wick) on under it when not moving. I was thinking of adding the Brooks for under the UNC during those times and solo in the archery season, or just getting a Chamberlin and leaving the UNC at home.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. Are we talking a little bit of difference, like a 10/9/8 scoring, or a big difference like a 10/7/4 difference. I have an Uncompahgre that I wear daily and love, but those later rifle seasons I hunted last year I had many layers (furnace, springer, chama, wick) on under it when not moving. I was thinking of adding the Brooks for under the UNC during those times and solo in the archery season, or just getting a Chamberlin and leaving the UNC at home.
hard to rate them that way, but when it was really cold (under 20) and I wasn't moving much, or when riding horses for a few hours in temps near freezing, I layered the Brooks under the Uncompahgre. The Chamberlain is a whole different animal and doesn't leave much room in a layering system, unless you're hunting Musk Ox.

I can send you my Brooks if you want to try it. It's a prototype and Kenton said the production model has "smaller upper arms" but the same other than that. Send me your address and I'll get it coming.

sndmn11

WKR
hard to rate them that way, but when it was really cold (under 20) and I wasn't moving much, or when riding horses for a few hours in temps near freezing, I layered the Brooks under the Uncompahgre. The Chamberlain is a whole different animal and doesn't leave much room in a layering system, unless you're hunting Musk Ox.

I can send you my Brooks if you want to try it. It's a prototype and Kenton said the production model has "smaller upper arms" but the same other than that. Send me your address and I'll get it coming.

I'll send you an email tomorrow morning.

Robby you still uncertain on the obsidian and their toughness?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby you still uncertain on the obsidian and their toughness?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
yes, they aren't where they need to be. Although I did wear that same ripped pair (now sewn up) this morning. I really like them.