Big crazy in little California! The Colorado PAUSE act ballot initiative

So I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this but I deal with lots of livestock producers in Nebraska and they are talking about the crazy in Colorado! This ballot initiative if successful would bring to a statewide vote the PAUSE act . . . Innocently disguised as the a Pet store consumer protection act this act would prevent any new pet stores, force existing ones to list prices paid to breeders AND make most ranchers criminals!

It would outlaw practices like Artificial insemination, preg checking, and AND slaughtering cattle before 5 years old!! It would prevent slaughter of livestock before reaching 25% of their natural life span. . . Arbitrarily placed at 20 years for cattle, 15 years for sheep and pigs, 10 years for turkeys, and 8 years for chickens.

All so we can sing and dance with the animals while they have happy lives!

OP
S
Yep! It's pretty insane. It would DESTROY animal agriculture in Colorado, and in the down hill effects would destroy most grain and feed production, along with close most packing plants.

Most countries will not accept exports of beef over 30 months of age. It would really screw much of the state economy outside of the mountains!

Rob5589

WKR
It's about time! Let all the animals live free! Release your dogs and cats back into the wild, back into their natural habitat! No more eating meat! No more human dominance over the worlds creatures! P.A.U.S.E.! P.A.U.S.E.! P.A.U.S.E.!

In the words of Thurgood Jenkins, "Colorado has smoked themselves retarded."

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Before that Act, we need something that protects the citizens from unnecessary suffering and exploitation from all the nutjobs out there. After that, then this Act and many others would disappear into thin air.

This pause Act would violate religious freedoms and be unconstitutional. God told us "every living thing shall be meat for you"........without any age restrictions. Now we'll have to ask all the animals how old they are before shooting them. Tooth aging will be mandatory, and if they fall below their age limits, you'll be thrown in jail........while the criminals all run free to prey on society. Their plans to completely destroy this nation are sure coming to fruition quickly.......exponential changes just in a few months.

Last edited:
The great plains, and many other areas in this country used to be wild and full of wildlife, and a large spectrum of plants, insects... but due to farming practices, all of that natural state is gone, in many cases, gone forever. But according to these folks, those practices are A-Okay. But management of domestic and farm animals is, according to their view, wrong, wow, just wow. Such ignorance is a real thing and has infected more than Corona 19. Perhaps they have a goal of reducing the human population.

MtGomer

WKR
I certainly don’t support this but I wouldn’t lift a finger to stop it either. The Ag industry organizations despise the DIY hunter. They’ve made this pretty clear in places like Montana this year, throwing their weight behind a list of bills that spit in the face of the North American model, residents and DIY nonresidents.
They have the money and influence to stop this without our help. Maybe they will have to use some of it on advancing their ranching interests instead of trying to privatize and commercialize hunting.
I wish them the best.

and before anyone starts telling me how I don’t understand and don’t know anything about the struggles of ranching, you’d be entirely wrong.

Broomd

WKR
I certainly don’t support this but I wouldn’t lift a finger to stop it either. The Ag industry organizations despise the DIY hunter. They’ve made this pretty clear in places like Montana this year, throwing their weight behind a list of bills that spit in the face of the North American model, residents and DIY nonresidents.
They have the money and influence to stop this without our help. Maybe they will have to use some of it on advancing their ranching interests instead of trying to privatize and commercialize hunting.
I wish them the best.

and before anyone starts telling me how I don’t understand and don’t know anything about the struggles of ranching, you’d be entirely wrong.
That's it, let's get even with 'em by cutting off our noses! Good plan....

MtGomer

WKR
Getting even with them would be urging hunting organizations to support this bill. That’s not what I suggested.
I suggested that they have plenty of money and influence on their own to fight this. They have made it a point to become our enemies by trying to privatize elk hunting across the west and lying about and trying to dismiss science that shows that their domestic sheep are incompatible with bighorns. They have exponentially more money and influence than us. They don’t need our help on this and they certainly don’t deserve it.
My point is that this isn’t a hunting or hunter issue. They’re never there for us, and are quite frequently on the other team throwing their weight against us. That’s their choice that they made.

Last edited:

Bbell12

WKR
You can blame it on Californians but a lot of it is the liberal education our kids are getting and it’s everywhere.
And yet when we had a thread about home schooling our kids to escape the cesspool of liberalism in our public schools, many on here were quick to condemn those that wanted to homeschool their kids. Yet we’re reaping the consequences of public school as we watch the degradation of our country.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My point is that this isn’t a hunting or hunter issue.
Perhaps not initially........but it soon will be as it carries over into hunting as well. Just like all the guys that say they're pro-2A, but just because they don't own or use an AR, they're OK with those infringements on the 2A. Same thing here........the "it's OK, just as long as it doesn't affect me" mentality. Every bit of this affects us. Lunacy, idiocy, and power grabs affect us all.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Absolute lunacy. I hope it doesn't even stand a chance at passing. I'm sure most that worked on the proposal are vegan but where is the disconnect of thinking these stock animals are around to live their best life? I am 100percent for humane treatment of animals, doesn't change the fact that they exist to produce meat. Why would anyone else be able to influence when a producer chooses to take their product to market?

Broomd

WKR
Getting even with them would be urging hunting organizations to support this bill. That’s not what I suggested.
I suggested that they have plenty of money and influence on their own to fight this. They have made it a point to become our enemies by trying to privatize elk hunting across the west and lying about and trying to dismiss science that shows that their domestic sheep are incompatible with bighorns. They have exponentially more money and influence than us. They don’t need our help on this and they certainly don’t deserve it.
My point is that this isn’t a hunting or hunter issue. They’re never there for us, and are quite frequently on the other team throwing their weight against us. That’s their choice that they made.
And I'd argue that your bitterness and apathy is all that is wrong with this country.
Our states need every. vote. possible. to defeat these horseshit bills or we end up like Europe where in some places it's illegal to shoot anything at all and animals have more rights than people.

I'm always amazed reading from crazy nutjobs here at this forum and without fail every one of them default to 'PUBLIC LAND!" as the justification and argument for all things crazy.

This issue overall is another case of the few idiots out there influencing and governing for the masses--it's much akin to the anuses in mainstream media.