Big Day in Virginia.....

The problem though is that the Dems are tone-deaf to hearing any Constitutional or conservative messages. But hopefully it will stir up the voting public and you all can make a difference this Fall.
I think the message has more meaning to right wing gun toters. This helps those who usually stay silent in the background and hope others voice their opinions. Now maybe some will be emboldened to stand for their rights. Seeing the masses promoting gun rights is a breath of fresh air. Seems like the Anti's are way better at the whole gathering and protesting scene. I am sure this is because it is usually during the weekdays and most of us are at work and do not have time to protest. The next 5 years are gonna be critical..

Diesel

WKR
It is very telling of the quality of people here at Rokslide that a topic as intense as gun rights stayed civil.

I hope that controversial events that are in our daily lives will not divide this group of hunters as it has on so many other Forum sites online.

Hats off to all who posted and all that did not in keeping it respectable.

OXN939

WKR
The problem though is that the Dems are tone-deaf to hearing any Constitutional or conservative messages. But hopefully it will stir up the voting public and you all can make a difference this Fall.

I didn't go for the dems. I went to show the average Virginian that our 2A crowd is overwhelmingly peaceful, reasonable and respectful, and just wants the government to stay out of our personal lives. I think that message got across loud and clear. How many 22,000 person protests have you seen where attendees stayed to pick up trash after the event? Or where, even in spite of plants there to inflame tensions, zero arrests or incidents of any kind occurred? Actually kind of amazing- most sports events that size have at least a few scuffles. I, personally, am proud of the effort today, and can't think of a play Northam can make on this one.

The crowd of "a few hundred" attendees, according to CNN:

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.51.31 PM.png

Potentially valid point about Ralph's personal credibility (For anyone unfamiliar, those are, not kidding, both pictures of Virginia's governor):

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.51.49 PM.png

Even a very good boi:

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.51.57 PM.png

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
I didn't go for the dems. I went to show the average Virginian that our 2A crowd is overwhelmingly peaceful, reasonable and respectful, and just wants the government to stay out of our personal lives. I think that message got across loud and clear. How many 22,000 person protests have you seen where attendees stayed to pick up trash after the event? Or where, even in spite of plants there to inflame tensions, zero arrests or incidents of any kind occurred? Actually kind of amazing- most sports events that size have at least a few scuffles. I, personally, am proud of the effort today, and can't think of a play Northam can make on this one.

The crowd of "a few hundred" attendees, according to CNN:

View attachment 148256

Potentially valid point about Ralph's personal credibility (For anyone unfamiliar, those are, not kidding, both pictures of Virginia's governor):

View attachment 148257

Even a very good boi:

View attachment 148258

Northam put out a tweet that said the “teams were able to de-escalate what could have been a volatile situation.”

this is absolute horseshit. You and I (and the other 22k there) know for a fact nothing had to be de-escalated. It was about as peaceful a rally as you could get. Just compare the footage with any of the marches from the left.

funny you mention trash...when I was talking to the news crew from the Middle East, a guy holding a sign walked up and tried to put his cup in the trashcan beside me, which was slightly over-filled. He tried to crush some down with his free hand and I said I would hold his sign. In the process of this guy trying to find room for one cup, he heaved his body weight onto the trash, compacting it below the rim of the can and spilled coffee from a cup already in the trash onto his pants.He put his own cup in, then grabbed a few cups that others had tossed but had fallen over and put them in the trash as well. He thanked me for holding his sign and went on his way. There were some solid dudes at this thing.

OXN939

WKR
this is absolute horseshit. You and I (and the other 22k there) know for a fact nothing had to be de-escalated. It was about as peaceful a rally as you could get.

Yeah but imagine what an idiot you'd look like if you mistook a completely peaceful, upstanding event for a reason to declare a state of emergency... that would be the worst.

Other than building an electoral campaign on the premise that your opponent is an insensitive racist and you are a sophisticated, caring physician, only to have a picture of you wearing a Klan uniform emerge shortly after you take office. That would be the worst.

Michael54

WKR
It is very telling of the quality of people here at Rokslide that a topic as intense as gun rights stayed civil.

I hope that controversial events that are in our daily lives will not divide this group of hunters as it has on so many other Forum sites online.

Hats off to all who posted and all that did not in keeping it respectable.
I was taught at a very early age the disagreeing with someone is not grounds to terminate a friendship. I have some very good friends of mine that believe quite differently than me and its never an issue. We just don't talk about it. Or if we do it's more to seek understanding of the other sides point of view and if it looks like its going to get heated we change the subject.

brsnow

WKR
So what's next? Where do we take it from here?

More people and support. It was a feel good event and went smoothly but 22-25k is a really small event. Take momentum and continue events to get to an impactful number of support.

16Bore

WKR
For every 1 person who attended, there’s likely 200-300 that didn’t, but have 110% support.

Diesel

WKR
I was taught at a very early age the disagreeing with someone is not grounds to terminate a friendship. I have some very good friends of mine that believe quite differently than me and its never an issue. We just don't talk about it. Or if we do it's more to seek understanding of the other sides point of view and if it looks like its going to get heated we change the subject.

That is exactly my point. I would assume there are people who do not totally agree with everything said on this thread, but they held their tongue for civility's sake and to preserve the atmosphere of Rokslide. Or they said it in a way as to not stir anger.

You were taught well and we all should adopt that method of discussion.

MattB

WKR

Our country would be in such a better place if more people held this perspective.

ODB

WKR

Consider that Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were famous for their disagreements on about everything, yet remained firm friends and correspondents until their almost simultaneous deaths on July 4, 1826 - the 50th Anniversary of Independence Day. If you sit back and think about it, they truly set the standard for political discussion in this country. It's unfortunate we have sunk so low since then.