BIG fleece beanie? Don't make me ask my Mom.

moab

FNG
Looking for a big Polartec fleece beanie. Simple military style. Black. 100wt or better. Size 8 1/4 though. Which is 25.5 inches.

Not knit. Just heavyweight fleece.

Like this. I think this is the Rothco military copy. But it's one size fits all. Which means not for my watermelon head.

Screenshot_20240508_214440_Chrome.jpg

Or even this. A little longer is fine. But I don't want to have to roll it up.

Screenshot_20240508_214318_Chrome.jpg

I'm sick of my head hurting from fleece hats that are to tight. If I can't find one I have to ask my Mom to make one. 🤣 I'm 59 yrs old. Please don't make me ask my Mom?!

Had the same issue finding a fleece that would fit over a ballcap. Found a seamstress making fleece hats on ebay and had her make a custom sized that was perfect, think it was $12 shipped. I also like Burton snowboards snow hoods that are sized to fit over ski helmets, fit loose over a cap but allows me normal hearing. Wanted an orange one and she made one in orange off the pictures and measurements I provided off the camo Burton, also about $15. I also have the benefit of an xl sized skull, fortunately an MRI showed the space was completely filled by cerebral tissue.

Had the same issue finding a fleece that would fit over a ballcap. Found a seamstress making fleece hats on ebay and had her make a custom sized that was perfect, think it was $12 shipped. I also like Burton snowboards snow hoods that are sized to fit over ski helmets, fit loose over a cap but allows me normal hearing. Wanted an orange one and she made one in orange off the pictures and measurements I provided off the camo Burton, also about $15. I also have the benefit of an xl sized skull, fortunately an MRI showed the space was completely filled by cerebral tissue.
👍 Gotta link?

The family buys me Carhartt beanies thinking I’ll like them - they get thrown in a pile and given away - so uncomfortable compared to a simple fleece beanie. Lol

The last good one I’ve had was sewn by a shop in Jackson, but I don’t even recall the name.

My all time favorite was quite thick - two layers of 300 wt fleece.

The family buys me Carhartt beanies thinking I’ll like them - they get thrown in a pile and given away - so uncomfortable compared to a simple fleece beanie. Lol

The last good one I’ve had was sewn by a shop in Jackson, but I don’t even recall the name.

My all time favorite was quite thick - two layers of 300 wt fleece.
That's exactly what I'm going to have her make. Just military style in 200 or 300wt Polartec. Nice and loose. So there's room to heat some air. And not like a rubber band around my head.

Back