Bino case with HPG Kit Bag-best option to carry 8x42s?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Recon HPG kit bag that I use almost every time I am outdoors-hunting or hiking. I much prefer having wallet, keys, etc in the chest rig as opposed to my pants pockets. I was hoping to try the HPG bino harness as it would attach via molle to the kit bag but availability seems to be an issue on the HPG bino case.

I can run different packs with the kit bag with no issue. I don't really want a separate harness bino case to run with the kit bag & a pack-do not want multiple harness and shoulder straps. I am thinking of something like the AGC bino case if I can find something similar that would marry up to the kit bag with no separate harness.

What would be a viable option here to keep binos handy and secure? I have been using a simple strap version but I have to constantly adjust and am looking for a better ,more secure, option to use with the kit bag.

philos

SoDaky

WKR
Take a look at Black Creeks Raptor or other models.They will attach(snap) easily to your pack shoulder straps.
I got one the other day cause of the front based holster.Turned out I forgot to specify left handed which is a custom order.Called Sandy and the VERY SAME day she had a leftie made and shipped overnight to me.CS at it's very best!

Walker6

FNG
Try a heavy recon kit bag. I’ve got an original kit bag and I’ve stuffed 10x40’s in there. That extra pocket adds a lot of room. Your 8x42’s should fit

I’ve used an original pattern kit bag with Binos, rangefinder, gps, InReach, G30 and spare mag, and a few other possibles without incident.

When I had my Recon Kit bag and wanted to carry Binos I would put a small or medium Kifaru belt pouch on the front of the RKB and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's out. They had a pic of it on Instagram the other day.

I' m aware of the HPG bino pouch-that is what promoted my post. It is not available and might not be available for quite some time. I am looking for a molle mountable pouch to attach to the recon HPG kit bag I already own. I also have a Kifaru admin pouch but l prefer a dedicated pouch for the binos that would allow freedom of use. I think I might be getting some kind of canteen pouch and altering it. Thanks for all the suggestions

I have the HPG Bino pouch and have it mounted to my HRKB. It works very well. Also tried it mounted to the prairie belt and it works there too with 10x42's. But, unless you ordered it the day it came out, I think you will be SOL for a while. Send them an email and ask to be put on the mailing list for the next run. You will get an email the morning of the release to get yours before they sell out. Other than that, I'm sure there must be other molle compatible bino pouches out there somewhere.

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
I just spent 10 days on my dads deer hunt with the HPG bono pouch on a Heavy Recon kit bag. Worked well. I kept my camera in it more than my binos (Olympus em5ii). It seemed a little awkward at first because I could see it sticking out where I don’t notice just the kit bag, but it never really got in the way. I hadn’t thought of putting it on the belt, but that is a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsparks

FNG
I have the HPG canteen size bottle holster on the front of the Recon. No flap but works just fine for 8x. I'll probably eventually get the bino pouch for the 12x if they'll fit but the bottle holster is working for now.