Bino Harness FHF VS AGC?

So I spent the last wknd on the first hunt trip of the year and first time using my binos on a tripod. This is where I've found that using the kuiu Bino harness is a real pain and not a big fan when using your binos on a tripod. So the real question is which harness would be better FHF or agc and I'll be using it for all types of hunting archery and rifle?

Both are pretty nice, but it'll depend on how much you want to carry. The FHF harness is pretty simple but I personally like the harness better. The AGC can carry quite a bit besides your binos and I didn't find the harness to be as comfy.

You should get several opinions on here, but the bottom line is that both are a great product and it'll be a personal choice.

N2TRKYS

WKR
If you can afford to front the cost, order both and compare them. This is what I did and I liked the FHF better.

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Completely agree with the two comments above. The FHF is definitely more comfortable to me, but I wanted a little more storage for when I would venture out without my pack. The ACG does cover your binos a little better also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MThuntr

WKR
I grabbed a AGC K.I.S.S Max and it is much larger than I thought it would be. It is comfortable with my heavy Zeiss binos but I'm afraid it will be in the way when archery hunting.

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
If your trouble with the kuiu is losing the straps when you unclip your binos for the tripod, they sell an extra set of straps with the male clips for less than $10. I put both clips on one strap and run it through the top handle and to each shoulder strap when my binos are on the tripod. When not using it goes in one of the mesh pockets on the side. Just an option if you like the harness otherwise.

I have both...

FHF, lower profile which makes hiking/stalking/hunting timber better because you can see your feet a lot better... and its lighter.

AGC, bulkier, but can hold my GPS, Phone, Rangefinder, wind checker, a lighter, havalon, and one of the tiny Petzl e-lamp deals. When I have that on, I can drop my pack and go if I need and I have everything on me incase something happens. It is heavier and sticks out more and hides your feet some (like having a big beer belly kind of a deal).

For one handed operation, I think the AGC is easier to get my 8x42's in and out with one hand...thats a plus for the AGC.

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I love my FHF. I really enjoy the fact that it is a little more minimalistic and being able to run it high and tight on my chest. It naturally may not be quite as protective of your optic as the AGC, but I have never had a problem. I run Vortex Viper 12x50s in a Large, 98% of the time on a tripod. I carry my Havalon, 8 extra Havalon blades, 3 sets of rubber gloves, a fire starter and my wind checker. Not room for much more or larger items.

Shrek

WKR
I'm very happy with my FHF. As has already been said its lower profile is nice and I like the binoculars high. I added two rangefinder cases , one for the rangefinder and the other for my Montana GPS. They fit on the harness so they're close to the body also. I like the FHF lid better as I can tuck it in when I'm just cruising around looking and don't need the binoculars secured.
I bought the AGC and found it too bulky for my taste. I gave it to my mother to use for birding and she can pack everything she needs in it. Just too bulky out front for my taste but it's bomber built and will carry a bunch of stuff if you like that.

rmekus

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and now run AGC k.i.s.s max. I ran the FHF for three years and was very happy with it. The only real complaint was that if I did not latch lid because I was expecting to grab bino's again and I bent over binos would slip out not fall to ground because of tethers but still a pain. I did not care for all the buckles on the AGC harness so removed top buckles and replaced with tension locks like the FHF harness which raised the AGC up about 1.5 inches on chest about same height as FHF this is a very nice. With the tension locks I can also swap out to the FHF harness. I will Add I bought a AGC x56 for my Swaro 15x56 due to the size and I do not care for the extra bulk the added pockets add to front and side,the K.I.S.S max pocket on bottom does not get in way at all and allows me to keep balaclava and head lamp with me ready to deploy if needed. Both are by far the best bino harnesses out there, cannot go wrong with either.

I love my Alaskan. It's the Kodiak Max I believe. It keeps everything and my range finder right there. Even rides over my Gunfighters Inc Kenai holster very well!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the FHF last season and this season I switched over to the AGC. I think it's kind of personal preference now after using both. The FHF is more compact and lower profile than the AGC for sure, but the AGC does have more pockets for things. However the strap design on the alaskan is super awesome so the pack doesn't bounce around at all so it doesn't seem to be an inconvenience for me being bigger. In the end I do like my AGC better than the FHF.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I use the AGC alaskan I believe for my 12x50s. I just started using it this year but I had it most of the year using it on hikes and shed hunting. I can pack my binos, gps, windmeter, phone, and a small folding knife. The AGC are a little larger but I like the buckle top enclosure over the bungee style. Also I got the two bino tethers so I don't have to worry about dropping my binos when bending if the top is open. Overall I would buy the AGC again. Either way they both seem to be good quality, tends to be a personal preference thing.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm very happy with my FHF. As has already been said its lower profile is nice and I like the binoculars high. I added two rangefinder cases , one for the rangefinder and the other for my Montana GPS. They fit on the harness so they're close to the body also. I like the FHF lid better as I can tuck it in when I'm just cruising around looking and don't need the binoculars secured.
I bought the AGC and found it too bulky for my taste. I gave it to my mother to use for birding and she can pack everything she needs in it. Just too bulky out front for my taste but it's bomber built and will carry a bunch of stuff if you like that.

Is it really that much other profile with the two cases attached?

Agreed on the personal preference thing for sure. I like to have more things I can reach without taking my pack off so prefer the AGC. No wrong route just a matter of what you find works for you and your style.

Randle

WKR
Not to muddy the waters, but I have the Bino bro pro and the AGC cub no basement. I like and use both I prefer the bino bro for archery and the cub for everything else so far. EI scouting, shed hunting, 3D shoots. rifle season, as it carries more. I need to try the cub thru an archery hunt but just havent yet.
I like the lower profile so I stay with the bino bro for archery. Also if you like a fleece like material bino bro is that, or the AGC true timber camo is.