Bino harness for big guys

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys I'm 6'2 250lbs and just got my new marsupial harness in the mail to find out there's no way I could wear that over a jacket. I feel like it's sitting right under my chin and not enough around my torso. What are you big fellas using?

kravguy

WKR
Found out the same with a marsupial harness purchased for my father. His is maxed out with a jacket. You'd think for $100+ they'd make the straps long enough for everyone.

I know you can get an FHF gear harness with longer straps. The KUIU pro harness seems to come in plenty long as I have plenty of strap left on mine.

Those are the only 3 I've tried.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright guys I'm 6'2 250lbs and just got my new marsupial harness in the mail to find out there's no way I could wear that over a jacket. I feel like it's sitting right under my chin and not enough around my torso. What are you big fellas using?
Did you reach out to marsupial gear and see if there are any options to get a longer harness?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Did you reach out to marsupial gear and see if there are any options to get a longer harness?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
That was the first thing I did. Have not got a response.... yet

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
The problem with Alaska and fhf is they are remind me of the cheap vortex system in coming from. I don't like how bulky they are. That's the reason I ordered the marsupial. Tight to the chest, opening the opposite direction and easy one hand operation.

The problem with Alaska and fhf is they are remind me of the cheap vortex system in coming from. I don't like how bulky they are. That's the reason I ordered the marsupial. Tight to the chest, opening the opposite direction and easy one hand operation.

A little bulky for sure and when I first bought it I had problems with the straps slipping. I bought the auto locks (I think they come standard now) like mystery ranch has on their backpacks and haven’t had a problem. The size doesn’t bug me as much because it doubles as my chest rig tackle box when I am trout fishing.

Cheers
South

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm basically the same height/weight as you and I wear a FHF Gear Medium Harness. I've worn mine over medium weight outerwear and it's ok, but haven't worn mine over a bulky coat yet though. If it were me, Id just order some of the same size webbing and similar clips off of Amazon and make some extensions. Just need to find someone with a sewing machine. Hope that helps
- Matt

JakeSCH

WKR
My dad is 5'10" and was pushing 300 a couple years ago when I got his. I reached out to Jim and he told me to put that in the order notes and it was shipped extra large straps that fit him well.

Wilks54

FNG
I'm 5" taller than you and the Sitka bino harness has plenty of room for me + layers for November rifle.

adamm88

WKR
a18d384f80f388f83e51adf860f86832.jpg

fd7b1a9974b6961b05d1d1ceac8e7273.jpg

Use compression straps from kifaru to extend the top ones. Its not perfect but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
My dad is 5'10" and was pushing 300 a couple years ago when I got his. I reached out to Jim and he told me to put that in the order notes and it was shipped extra large straps that fit him well.
Just got a call from Jim on his cell. Problem solved and he said they'll be offering a bigger size when ordering soon. Great customer service from marsupial gear!

susie

FNG
Found out the same with a marsupial harness purchased for my father. His is maxed out with a jacket. You'd think for $100+ they'd make the straps long enough for everyone.

I know you can get an FHF gear harness with longer straps. The KUIU pro harness seems to come in plenty long as I have plenty of strap left on mine.

Those are the only 3 I've tried.
I ordered the KUIU pro for my husband, 6'5" 250#. The problem he had is waist band to small. I am going to try the FHF next. I like that they have three size cases. He has IS 18 X 50 canons and needs the XL

Hondo

WKR
Mystery Ranch works for me as well. If I'm layered up for cold the Kuiu is to snug for my liking.