Bino harness pain

Hello all I’m just getting into hunting in AK and just got back from a scouting trip. Awesome trip everything went perfect except two things. First thing was my bino harness was quite uncomfortable under my pack. Tried adjusting straps and position to no avail. Curious on best fix. I have an AGC Classic bino harness with VTX Diamondback 10x42’s and a Glock 20 in a Razco holster.

Also developed heel blisters after about mile 5. Wearing La Sportvia Aequilibriums with a liner hiking sock combo, which seemed to be overly sweaty. Messed around with laces didn’t help much. Moleskin mitigated pain, but not a fix IMO. Pic of ram I found for attention.

Attachments

• EBA901C6-CFBB-4FAB-8FBA-FB23154188CB.png
    EBA901C6-CFBB-4FAB-8FBA-FB23154188CB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
The G20+ Binos is heavy, your shoulders may be a bit sore. I got used to it after a few days running a similar setup.
I also have certain pairs of boots that are comfortable but give me terrible heel rub on certain situations. If the hunt dictates I need to wear those boots I tape up with Leulotape before the hunt. If you do a good job it'll last 5-7 days.

Colterw

FNG
I struggled with my AGC bino harness as well, it would rotate forward and put weight on the back of my neck.

I swapped the straps on the AGC for a marsupial straps and it fixed the issue. The design of the marsupial straps felt better under a pack as well. I used the modified AGC for two years like that and it really helped.

Last edited:
OP
Sheepshape
Thanks all! I’m thinking that maybe I will run the harness with the Glock 20 on it until I get above the tree line then stick it in my pack.

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
The stone glacier is nice. I've had it for a couple years with a razco and XD45. Minimal movement.

I had an AGC harness as well. It was okay, but I picked up the Kuiu harness last year and like it much more.
I second this. The kuiu pro binos harness is one of if not the best on the market. Very lightweight and minimal and almost 100% waterproof

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu pro harness for myself and ditch that moleskin. That shit sucks. Pick up leuko tape instead. Leuko tape will stay on for days sometimes weeks. Fortunately i dont need it, but many friends do although i still carry some.

I should add I run many accessories on the Pro harness. Range finder holder, bear spray on the bottom, and Razco holster holding a 10mm below spray. All attached to harness and rides comfortably with Exo pack.

OP
Sheepshape
Update: Leukotaped the rest of the season and it was an instant fix as long as the laces are tight enough.

Bino harness pain is still there to a degree but mitigated because I switched to a stone glacier pack and it rides better than my previous one.

Thanks all.

I added buckles to my pack shoulder straps to clip my binoc pouch on. Much more comfy... The factory harness rides in the pack and gets used when I dump the pack.

sr80

WKR
I went through the exact same thing back in the spring, at the end of the day my traps were so sore, and i thought it was from my pack. But it was from my bino harness straps. I tried a marsupial, and SG harness with no luck. Then i ordered the old school AGC harness and modified my SG chest pack to attach the AGC harness and its much better. But i see you had issues with the AGC.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Which generation harness do you have from AGC? The newer model is very similar to the other popular harnesses in terms of how it hangs on the body, so if that’s what you have then I think most of the harnesses out there will give you similar issues. To me it sounds like a simple matter of overloading the harness. You might be better off with a chest holster underneath the harness, although that sure would make it stick out far with an AGC pack.