Bino Harness

I use the Kuiu Pro, and it serves me well. My buddies use either the Badlands or Alaska Guide Creations, and if I had to get a new one I’d definitely go with the AGC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hans

FNG
I bought the Outdoor Vision harness this year. It checked all of the boxes for me. I wasn't looking for something big and bulky with a lot of pockets for other things besides my binoculars. The harness is very comfortable, the pack fully encases the lenses of the binos and has two small pockets and a detachable rain fly. The lid opens away from your body, which is very convenient. The lid is held shut and in the open position with near-silent magnets.

I called the company to ask them some questions and the owner called me back. He was happy to answer all of my questions, and I really appreciated the fact that the owner of the company took time out of his day to answer a potential customer's questions. I ended up buying a pair of their gaiters as well.

elkguy

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any other harnesses that have the magnetic door like the badlands? I really like that feature but looking for other options.

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
All depends on what you want and how much you want to carry and what you want it for. For treestand deer hunting, I prefer no enclosed case. Just the elastic shoulder straps. Quick, quiet, simple. No real need for protection. For hunts that out put me out there for days, in bad weather and where I want my gps and rangefinder I really like my new alaska guide creations kiss max. Black orvis is the only place I know of that sells that model ( must be an exclusive to them) anyway my binos are easily accessible and well protected. Plus with its pockets, things are well organized.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Sorry for confusion, but no. I think the FHF would have been the same as the Marsupial in the dry dusty conditions. They each have the same opening on the side near the top. Dust like that had never been an issue before while hunting in CO so I didn’t adequately consider it. My next harness will completely conceal the binos.

Edit: looks to me like the OV and the Kuiu each provide complete coverage. Small tilt towards to Kuiu for not using magnets as I do use a compass on occasion. I did try an AGC KISS with the Max pocket. There was a lot to like about it, but overall it was bulkier than I prefer.
I have the FHF. I use the large size and it completely covers my 12x50 Leupold BX-4s. I live in high winds/dust and carry the binos every single evening. Never have had a single issue.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
My FHF lid seals tight on top of the eye cups. The sides are open at the cups, but the lenses are sealed. The Marsupial lid came over the eye cups at a steep angle, leaving alot of the eye lenses open to dirt and dust.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I actually prefer the top of the binos to be above the pouch. Makes them much easier to grab and remove one handed. The AGC has the whole bino down in the pouch, making it harder to grab and remove one handed. Once I finally have a hold of them one handed, then the way the lid is cupped, the eyepieces get hooked under the lid. That is my only gripe with the AGC, trying to remove binos one handed.

I found my older FHF to get the job done, but the little hook and loop system was annoying. The marsupial was close to perfect, but had some issues with snow getting in and o my lenses(case was not right size for binos to be fair)

TripleJ

WKR
I have 2 Kuiu's (old style), an AGC, and now the Adak. I have always liked the slim profile of the Kuius, they just don't always keep the dust and dirt out. Also, when you want to take the binos out and put them on a tripod, it's a pain because the straps disappear over your shoulder. I really like the Adak so far, it fits like the old Kuius, but with complete coverage of the binos. I can take the binos off and on, no problems mounting to a tripod. I do wish it had maybe a bigger pocket on the side to hold a windchecker bottle, etc. The AGC is nice but it is huge, my 10x42 Zeiss binos swim in it, and it takes up most of my chest.

dog

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried several harnesses and wasn't completely happy with any of them. I am now using the Kuiu Pro and it is the best I have found. It is the only one I know of made of waterproof materials, no cover needed. It is moldable to your binos, and I like the way the lid folds out of the way when open. Another thing I like is the retention straps have buckles that are actually big enough for my fingers to use. No magnets too.

TravisIN

WKR
Been running an AGC Cub Max the last three seasons. My only real complaint about it is that it isn’t super quiet. I’ve put it through a lot of shit and as everyone will tell you it will take about anything you throw at it. I love the basement on it and keep a lot of essentials in there. The side zip pockets are great because I put a release in each one. I use a thumb button releases so I have my primary and back up close and ready hit secure. The tag pocket on the back is for my cell phone. The stretch pockets on top of the lid are for smoke in a Bottle and diaphragms. The front zip pocket is where I keep my rangefinder.

I will be testing the new kuiu pro harness in the next few weeks. Gonna take quite a bit to beat out the AGC. And not sure it’s possible to beat for me a on a longer hunt where the storage is more important.

dog

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, the large size Kuiu Pro works good for the 10x42 size binos, but it doesn't come in a smaller size. Seems like there would be demand for it if they did.

TravisIN

WKR
For now Ill be putting 10x42 vipers in them. But hopefully in the next few weeks 10x42 slcs

GPATTI

WKR
If anyone on this thread wants to try the Outdoor Vision, PM me and I’ll hook you up with a special discount code. It will ship same day (unless ordered too late in the day).
Thanks.

PS - Outdoor Vision is a Rokslide sponsor.

MattB

WKR
I still prefer the original Kuiu. Not perfect, but better than the others for me.

Received my AGC today. Very happy with my choice. I chose the Kodiak C.U.B. with M.A.X. Pocket. Doesn't add much bulk but does add enough space for bino tripod adapter, quick disconnect, etc. 10x42s fit really well in the box.