Bino harness

I'm using the adak harness - they are on camofire fairly often. I really like it with the exception of the windchecker pouch - it's just too small and my bottle falls out if I'm not paying attention. Also, they don't come in camo which I would have preferred...

texag10

WKR
I also have an AGC with a Marsupial Gear harness. I didn't change buckles, just took a dremel to the autolocks on the marsupial until it fit the AGC.

I have broad shoulders and a very narrow torso, so I'm not getting any side pouches on a harness without them interfering with my backpack. I do wish the AGC was forward opening. Love the storage and rangefinder pocket on the front. Works really well as a rear bag too, just push up and right when shooting off a pack from prone.

Been using the AGC Cub with Max pocket for several years now and haven't found anything else I like better.

I did put auto lock buckles on all 4 corners and haven't had an issue with fit or harness moving around since. Gives a very custom and secure fit.

Been using the AGC Cub with Max pocket for several years now and haven't found anything else I like better.

I did put auto lock buckles on all 4 corners and haven't had an issue with fit or harness moving around since. Gives a very custom and secure fit.
I bought both my AGC packs a few years ago, just when they started supplying them with auto lock buckles, so never had the slipping issue. Couldn't be any more satisfied with the Cub w/ Max and the Alaska Classic w/ Max. Like mini day chest packs that you don't even realize are there.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
I like my AGC harness, but my only complaint is I can’t seem to keep it tight and high enough to my chest. For those of you that have used both the Marsupial and AGC, does the Marsupial stay tight to your chest and stay up where you put it on your chest? Again I really like the AGC, but not being able to keep it tight to chest is annoying. Those that have already commented on this is difference enough to switch to the Marsupial?
I had a similar problem until I discovered AGC sells a lightweight harness on their website. I was able to get the case much higher and tighter to my chest with it than with the original harness. Plus, it’s not nearly as warm to wear.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I was skeptical of the Rick Young Harness, but got one for free with some binos I bought here through the classifieds. Turns out it's a great setup. Honestly I find it far more comfortable than any other system I've tried.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've used AGC, FHF, three versions of the Marsupial, and most recently the Sitka.

The enclosed Marsupial is my favorite.

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the info guys. I’ll be getting a Marsupial harness when they become available. I contacted the company today and was advised they should be back in stock hopefully this week yet.
Great choice. You won't be disappointed. They make some great accessories to go along with it too.

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
I also love the Rick Young harness, it's very comfortable and also serves to stabalize while glassing w/o a tripod. You can easily snap out of the harness for tripod mounting. During my last hunt I felt a little lacking in bino protection while busting through brush but RY also sells a lightweight bino cover that you stretch over your optics. I'll be using that more in the future.

406unltd

WKR
I use the AGC Kodak cub and the new Sitka harness.

Comfort goes to the Sitka harness. The large footprint is unbelievably comfortable and stable when loaded down. It also hold tons of gear which I also prefer. However it lets snow into the main compartment through the sides, coating your lenses with snow. I’ve also fought with the bungee system on the side pouches staying latched in cold temps. All in all it is my favorite and also least favorite harness I’ve used. When the snow flies and or gets really cold it stays home.

My AGC harness is pretty comfortable. However with load in it, it seems to get a lot of movement due to the fact that it protrudes so far away from the chest giving it a ton of leverage. With that said it is the most bulletproof harness out there and it will always give the utmost protection of your glass.

Both of these open towards the user not away. If that makes sense. I know a lot of people prefer a harness to open away from them but I find that when I have snow or rain, the lids that open toward me keep my compartment dry and clean of and type of moisture or debris because it closes up when I pull out the glass without the extra step of closing it up with one hand and holding the glass with the other. If I could only have one it would be the AGC because it simply won’t fail you.

I ha e a like new FHF fir sale....

JATails

FNG
I used the AGC Kodiak Cub with MAX this season and found that it fit my needs, mostly tree standing hunting and spot and stock with a bow. I like the pockets to store stuff, comfortable, easy to use but I'm trying to figure out how to get it closer to my chest. I used the Badlands last year as I thought a magnet would be fool proof and perfect for bow hunting whitetails. I found that I wanted extra pockets built in. On my stalks while crawling had my 10x42 binos fall out multiple times hitting the ground. This happened a couple time while leaning over (climbing of trees). Maybe its operator error... I have another badlands pack for my 8x32 and think I won't have the same issue as being a lighter pair of binos, just don't use that size much. I've heard great things as mentioned here about the Marsupial packs.