Bino Harness

Drenalin

WKR
FHF is my second favorite of those I’ve tried. I liked the Outdoor Vision, AGC was too bulky even the smaller Hybrid model, and I hated the Kuiu immediately. I usually end up taking the Rick Young harness. It’s simple, it’s light, quick access (obviously), and there’s virtually no fiddle factor. I also use the RF cord with the harness.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Love the FHF Bino-Harness...what harness do you use and why?
Gonna try FHF for the first time when their new rig is released. Always been an ACG guy but Bulky. The ACG Ravus is nice but the magnetic closure is weak. If you bend over enough ur binos will/Can fall out.

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Running ADAK, it works well enough and got it on camofire 50% off. The well pockets aren't deep enough and have lost a couple windicators because of it.. Had to do some "customizatioms" to get my razco to run it properly. But it's a forward deploy bino and rangefinder(not sold separately) harness that is functional. It's quiet.. and it's more enclosed than kuiu so less needles in the bottom of it.

The kuiu system was also functional. Cost a lot for what it was, plus rangefinder pocket, but it did work. Wasn't my favorite. Got stuffed full of needles and brush because the back plate against my chest didn't come up all the way...

vortex is a rear deploy and it got ousted almost immediately..

Only 3 I have experience with... Thus far nothing on the market is super great that I've researched. But that is personal preference.

I liked my FHF but prefer the outdoor vision I’m running now. I have a Marsupial on order as I’ve heard nothing but positive things.

dwhicker

FNG
Love the FHF Bino-Harness...what harness do you use and why?

I had never heard of FHF but looked it up after seeing your post. Looks like they are releasing a new system in April. It looks incredible! Interested to see how it will stack up with the new Kifaru releasing soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyAK

FNG
Marsupial Gear Enclosed No-Mag Harness. Good protection and comfortable. I got the No-Mag because in my head one day I'll be in a situation without GPS navigating by map and compass, refusing to take my harness off and want accurate azimuths. Unlikely, but I was raised on a map, compass, and protractor, and I'm stubborn. Ask my wife.

My first was a AGC. It is well built. I didn't like the way it opened and was a bit bulky for my needs.
I bought a marsupial. Well built as well and more minimalist but has the features I use. Its comfortable for me to wear and I have enjoyed using it for approx 4 years. In the side pockets I keep four rounds of ammo and wind checker. Theres a rear slide in pouch for my I phone. A small pocket in front for lens cleaning needs. And obviously my binos. Im not having any unfulfilled wants or needs with it. Which is not normal for me.
I kept the AGC and my spare Binos live in it under the rear seat of my truck.

I use the Marsuial enclosed harness with the magnet. Enclosed version keeps the bushes and dirt out of my binos when I'm brush busting, and the magnet makes for reliable, easy closing. And I run the FHF Aspis for my Spartan Javelin, works perfect on the Marsupial. If I ever decide to try another harness, the FHF would be at the top of my list.

WKR
I got the marsupial for the flexibility of adding the handgun holster underneath. It's worked well when I don't want to have a holster under a hip belt or risk being without a handgun if I drop my pack.

Marsupial Gear Enclosed No-Mag Harness. Good protection and comfortable. I got the No-Mag because in my head one day I'll be in a situation without GPS navigating by map and compass, refusing to take my harness off and want accurate azimuths. Unlikely, but I was raised on a map, compass, and protractor, and I'm stubborn. Ask my wife.

Every phone has a GPS now but I am still raising my 2 daughters to know how to triangulate with a map and compass. I am actually setting up a treasure hunt in the next few weeks that is just going to be a list of coordinates etc for them to find. OnX is great until your phone breaks or your battery dies. I found you are much better at using E-maps if you know the basics on navigation and how topo lines work etc.

FHF is my second favorite of those I’ve tried. I liked the Outdoor Vision, AGC was too bulky even the smaller Hybrid model, and I hated the Kuiu immediately. I usually end up taking the Rick Young harness. It’s simple, it’s light, quick access (obviously), and there’s virtually no fiddle factor. I also use the RF cord with the harness.
What did you hate about the KUIU holster? The FHF looks like a good setup but the price is almost twice as KUIU. FHF is made in USA though which I do like.

Drenalin

WKR
What did you hate about the KUIU holster? The FHF looks like a good setup but the price is almost twice as KUIU. FHF is made in USA though which I do like.
The FHF is $16 more than the Kuiu, based on their websites (I'm referencing the FHF Pro-M, not the FOB, which I haven't tried). The Kuiu has a somewhat rigid "bucket" that the binos sit in and the lid has this elastic around it that you work up over and around the "bucket." I didn't like the rigidity, and felt the whole thing was a little sloppy compared to FHF, OV, or even AGC. See pics below for what I'm talking about on the Kuiu. Other people like them and that's fine, just wasn't for me.

80008-V2_DET04-pro-bino-harness-verde-camouflage-2-0-2019_100x.png

80008-V2_DET02-pro-bino-harness-verde-camouflage-2-0-2019_100x.png

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Marsupial enclosed with magnet. In the mountains I wear a wrist compass and by holding it away from the magnets it works fine.

TheTone

WKR
The FHF is $16 more than the Kuiu, based on their websites (I'm referencing the FHF Pro-M, not the FOB, which I haven't tried). The Kuiu has a somewhat rigid "bucket" that the binos sit in and the lid has this elastic around it that you work up over and around the "bucket." I didn't like the rigidity, and felt the whole thing was a little sloppy compared to FHF, OV, or even AGC. See pics below for what I'm talking about on the Kuiu. Other people like them and that's fine, just wasn't for me.

80008-V2_DET04-pro-bino-harness-verde-camouflage-2-0-2019_100x.png

80008-V2_DET02-pro-bino-harness-verde-camouflage-2-0-2019_100x.png
I had really similar thoughts on the kuiu I had, plus the front zippered pocket is almost unusable with the pack’s rigidity. Mine also showed up with a very noticeable glue stain on it plus the zippered pocket only opened about half way so I sent it back immediately

I’m planning to either buy a kifaru when they come out or a marsupial enclosed if I see something about the kifaru I dont like

Dzag23

FNG
I use marsupial products for a lot of different applications. I love how their stuff integrates and it always proves to be a quality product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
I must not be picky. I use the Kuiu Pro and have no complaints. I agree that the pocket on the front is pretty much useless, but I have the bottom accessory pocket to hold more crap that I don't really need.

I had a mystery ranch old version. It wasnt bad but was too bulky for me. I replaced with the marsupial non enclosed w/ magnetic And I love it. You can go totally minimalist or full blown customized pockets. I love switching up how I set up my harness to how I’m hunting that day.

I have the Marsupial enclosed w/ mag. I also use the Marsupial range finder pouch and the FHF nav pouch both attached to bino harness. I have no complaints about my setup at all. Everything works really well to protect my gear and give me quick access to it. I like the mags for my binos and range finder as they open/close with a simple flip. Binos and range finder also have tethers so if the mag was to come undone I'd still be OK (I don't see that ever happening though). And with the nav pouch the hook gives me an extra piece of mind for my phone that I don't have a tether on.

To add to some above discussion, I use my iphone as my compass and it does get tweaked in the field from the mag sometimes but it works fine 75% of the time and the other 25% I just have to hold it far away from myself to get it to "reset" which usually works.