Bino Suggestions

crterra

FNG
I've been happy with my Vortex Viper 10x42 HD but looking to upgrade due to age and old eyes. I spent this weekend scouting some big country and found myself needing more. I run a spotting scope with my binoculars so I'm thinking 12 power will be the way to go. I'm not wanting to spend over 1200 so what would be some options in that price range that would be a definite upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

At $1200 budget you’d be crazy not to spend a few hundred more on a pair of lightly used EL’s and have the best and never have to worry about upgrading again. EL12x50’s are absolutely amazing. With 12x binos you really need to run them on a tripod or some sort of support though.

Go at least 15x, if you're going to ditch the 10x and go to a higher magnification. Just jumping to 12x from 10x is a waste of money and as such, might as well just stick with the 10x.

OP
C

crterra

FNG
At $1200 budget you’d be crazy not to spend a few hundred more on a pair of lightly used EL’s and have the best and never have to worry about upgrading again. EL12x50’s are absolutely amazing. With 12x binos you really need to run them on a tripod or some sort of support though.
That's kind of where I'm headed doing research after posting this yesterday. Haven't been able to find any used for sale yet but going to keep looking. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk