Swaro EL 8.5x42s

Nolanb

FNG
Hey guys, I'm in the market to upgrade some glass. I currently have the els 8.5x42 and am running a cheaper leupold spotting scope, hunting eastern wa open sage for mule deer mainly and some western hunts. Would you guys upgrade the 8.5s to a bigger magnification like a 10x42? I just didn't know if I'd gain much over the 8.5s. Or would rock the 8.5s and get a alpha glass spotter? Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm in the market to upgrade some glass. I currently have the els 8.5x42 and am running a cheaper leupold spotting scope, hunting eastern wa open sage for mule deer mainly and some western hunts. Would you guys upgrade the 8.5s to a bigger magnification like a 10x42? I just didn't know if I'd gain much over the 8.5s. Or would rock the 8.5s and get a alpha glass spotter? Thanks!
I’d keep the 8.5’s and upgrade the spotter. I don’t feel that my 8.5 EL’s give up anything to 10x. Unless you’re only hunting wide open terrain then I’d consider 12x NL’s. But the 8.5’s are going to spot game for you just fine, a high end spotter will help you determine the details.

OP
N

Nolanb

FNG
Thanks man that's kind of the edge I've been leaning towards as well. I just didn't know if 10x would give me that more of an edge.

nphunter

WKR
Thanks man that's kind of the edge I've been leaning towards as well. I just didn't know if 10x would give me that more of an edge.
I’ve been contemplating ditching my 10’s for some 8.5’s for the FOV and exit pupil. I have 10’s, 15’s and a coupe alpha spotters. I’m pretty conflicted myself but am always eyeing the classifieds for 8.5’s.

I would 100% keep the 8.5's. I prefer the fov vs the 10x. The spotter is where I would upgrade