Bino/tripod adapter options

Youngbuck

FNG
My tripod is a sirui t1204-sk, with the va-5 panhead. Just picked up a pair of Swarovski 12x50's. From the research I've been doing, seems like my only options are the outdoorsman stud with adapter or the swaro adapter with the strap. Is that correct? Are those the only two options?

Seems everyone likes the outdoorsmans, I just didn't want to ship off my binos as our season is opening on the 15th and I'll need them. For those with the EL's, what are you using for tripod adapter? Also, I'd like to stay with the plates that came with the va-5, or if anyone could point me to some different plates that would work with the va-5. Thanks

Outdoorsmans will turn around your stud installation pretty fast. Call them.

Another route is Kramer Designs stud and Bino adapter. The stud still has to be factory installed. With your timeframe, this probably isn’t an option for you. I actually like the Kramer design better than the Outdoorsmans, but have the Outdoorsmans on mine.

Vandy321

WKR
I just went through the process with outdoorsmans..turn time is 1 week (Thursday-Thursday)

If you can get it to outdoorsmans by the Wednesday cutoff, all orders for that week will be off for install on thursday and ready to ship back to you the following thursday. I imagine you could pay extra to have them send it next day 2nd day air if in a rush.

muddydogs

WKR
I made my own plate type adapter out of a piece of plastic cutting board, small bolt to hold shoe on and bike inner tube. Weights 5 oz and is easy to use.