Bipod Recommendation

Jdog

WKR
Gents - I drew a stellar WY antelope tag--unit 67.

I'm taking my Tikka 270 but I'm thinking it needs a bipod for the potential long shots.

Gun has a B&C stock.

What do you guys recommend?

FURMAN

WKR
The Harris is your best bet for attaching to a sling stud. I recommend the swivel version with the notched legs.

GKPrice

Banned
I recently bought 2 Champions at the gun shop for $39.95 each, seem about as good as Harris but a few oz lighter - I've been working one out regularly since with no ill effects from deliberate abuse - I think I can live with the cheaper version ...

I'm also gonna try a "new invention" I thought of - Home Depot and some other retailers sell an orange "tie" about 20" +/- with some kind of mallible wire inside, I've wrapped one around one walking stick just below the grip, after a little practice I can fabricate a solid bipod in about 10-15 seconds that rivals most bipods or shooting sticks - right there when needed and nothin' hanging on the rifle

GKPrice

Banned
I recently bought 2 Champions at the gun shop for $39.95 each, seem about as good as Harris but a few oz lighter - I've been working one out regularly since with no ill effects from deliberate abuse - I think I can live with the cheaper version ...

I'm also gonna try a "new invention" I thought of - Home Depot and some other retailers sell an orange "tie" about 20" +/- with some kind of mallible wire inside, I've wrapped one around one walking stick just below the grip, after a little practice I can fabricate a solid bipod in about 10-15 seconds that rivals most bipods or shooting sticks - right there when needed and nothin' hanging on the rifle

got me thinkin' so I was messin' around this morning, I'm gonna like this walking stick idea ! infinitely adjustable for height up to seated looking down, wrap only weighs an oz., and nothing hanging on the gun

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
The Harris is your best bet for attaching to a sling stud. I recommend the swivel version with the notched legs.

This. The 13-27 size is usually needed. You'll usually be shooting over brush. I've not gotten prone. Too many cactus. Brush is too tall.

But I like shooting sticks for antelope in WY. The trigger stick bipod is about perfect. If not sticks, then a tall Harris. Don't go cheap. Get the swivel version.

FURMAN

WKR
If you are wanting to get tall enough to shoot over sage or other brush I have found nothing that even compares to the Rudolph quad sticks. Very stable.

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
Harris for sure. And get the 18"-27" for antelope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your question is deceptively simple. I'm not familiar with Area 67. That said, you'll likely be hunting in a mix of grass, sage, greasewood, and cactus. The proper height of the bipod will depend on the vegetation in that area. Weight is a consideration if you'll be stalking long distances. I suggest mounting a short piece of 1913 (Picatinny) rail on your forend. You can then move your bipod from rifle to rifle quickly and easily. I use an Atlas but the notched leg Harris is also excellent. Best of luck!