Bitcoin

Bitcoin has reached new all time highs 3 times this week. If you lost money on Bitcoin then you sold it too soon.

I figured it was a short or long liquidation. Something like 90% of holders are in the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
Is anyone concerned that BTC is not quantum resistant?

Quantum Resistant Ledger: Responding to Will Quantum Computing Destroy Bitcoin Blockchain​

Responses to the quantum threat to blockchain are coming up. For e.g., a blockchain project team has created “The Quantum Resistance Ledger” and intends to solve the digital signature-related threat.

The QRL project team implements a set of post-quantum secure data encryption algorithms. It’s called ’eXtended Merkle Signature Scheme’ (XMSS). It uses a ’One Time Signature’ (OTS), where you can sign only one transaction with one key.

This makes hackers with quantum computers irrelevant. There‘s no fixed private key for them to hack from a public key. Instead, the signature changes every time the user signs a new transaction.

The project team claims it’s a peer-reviewed algorithm, and they have launched their Mainnet. Read about their XMSS solution in the FAQ section of the QRL website.

fmyth

WKR
Is anyone concerned that BTC is not quantum resistant?
Not at this time. It looks like that capability is a few years out. "In the future, quantum attacks might be able to break the encryption algorithms used in Bitcoin. However, quantum computers can't do that yet. There's likely a 5-10 years window for Bitcoin to strengthen its security measures so that it can survive hackers armed with quantum computers."

ozyclint

WKR
And the Bitcoin ETF is backed by the fund holding Bitcoin via a custodian.

My point was there is more paper gold than actual gold. If everyone called in their paper gold and wanted physical then there would be plenty left without a chair when the music stopped.

fmyth

WKR
Someone has been buying 100 BTC several times a day for months now. No one knows the identity of the buyer but it is confirmed that it is not one of the ETF's. Online this buyer is referred to as Mr. 100. Today Mr. 100 bought 100 BTC nine times. One buyer bought an amount equal to all BTC mined world wide today.
MR1003142024.jpg

My son bought bitcoin years ago to buy stuff on a online video game he played . He had 7 left, All of this purchase was "online" and his laptop crashed and he lost his memory stick with the data. He had no way too get back into get access to his bitcoins. The data was not retrievable. To this day he wines about it. I would too.

Someone has been buying 100 BTC several times a day for months now. No one knows the identity of the buyer but it is confirmed that it is not one of the ETF's. Online this buyer is referred to as Mr. 100. Today Mr. 100 bought 100 BTC nine times. One buyer bought an amount equal to all BTC mined world wide today.
View attachment 687188

Blackrock is estimated to have purchased 10,600 btc today and fidelity bought around 4,400 btc.

Seems they took advantage of that dip.

southLA

WKR
Who is in on it? How long have you been riding the rollercoaster and when are you getting off?
The key is to buy when everyone is dunking on you calling you an idiot. Then you 3x your money in a year or two and sell when they start asking you if it's too late. Rinse repeat. (yes I'm in on it.)

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I converted my whole paycheck into bitcoin this morning. I enjoyed buying through the bear market lows better. But 68k bitcoin is still cheap. Just thought I'd share so the guys new to this can see how it's done haha.

Not at this time. It looks like that capability is a few years out. "In the future, quantum attacks might be able to break the encryption algorithms used in Bitcoin. However, quantum computers can't do that yet. There's likely a 5-10 years window for Bitcoin to strengthen its security measures so that it can survive hackers armed with quantum computers."

Are you familiar with the topic, or adept at Google and C&P?