Bitzenburger Spacing Trouble

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I have been fletching my own arrows for years using the AAE EZ fletch. Local archery shop convinced me to switch to a Bitz. First couple times using it could not get the spacing for a 3 fletch evenly spaced. Fletched a couple with 4 vanes and those spaced much better but not perfect. Adjusted it back to 3 and spacing issues again. I am shooting Carbon Express Maxima Red 250s which I didn’t think were small diameter but I know that could be a factor in the spacing. I like the quality of the Bitz and it’s a much cleaner fletch but most of the time end up using the EZ fletch to avoid the frustration. What am I missing? Would a Zenith Kit fix this issue? Probably operator error being unfamiliar with the jig but thanks for any input.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Make sure you have it adjusted so that the nock receiver turns easily, but still stops solidly at each spacing interval. Put a fletch almost all the way into the clamp and do a dry run to fully seat the fletch into the clamp. Then pull the clamp and put glue on the vane and put the clamp against the magnet with the vane off the arrow. Then I grab the arrow with my left hand to keep it tight in the nock receiver while I push the clamp down against the arrow with my right hand and left hand index and middle fingers, and hold for 15 seconds. Pull the clamp, and then clean up any excess glue with a Q-tip. That has always spaced my vanes perfectly.

Had the same problem I bought a super old one on here for cheap and the detents were worn out, go on 60x website they have an upgrade kit I put it on and problem solved

MattB

WKR
What was the reason for the change? I have both fletcher types as you and the Bitz hasn't left the box in 5+ years. The EZ fletch (minis in my case) are just to..... EZ. I have 2 and can fletch a dozen arrows in 15-20 minutes.

OP
S

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
What was the reason for the change? I have both fletcher types as you and the Bitz hasn't left the box in 5+ years. The EZ fletch (minis in my case) are just to..... EZ. I have 2 and can fletch a dozen arrows in 15-20 minutes.
Honestly I’m not sure I guess I was looking for a little bit more precision maybe. I don’t think the Bitz is any faster or simpler than the EZ either so I have been going back to it a lot more. It requires a little more cleaning and maintenance to keep the glue from building up on the arms but yes i can do a dozen arrows very quickly and not have the headache

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
I had spacing issues at first as well. Then I read a suggestion very similar to @5MilesBack. That solved the problem for me, but I tighten the nock receiver screws as tight as possible while still allowing it to turn (somewhat stiff).

OP
S

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I had spacing issues at first as well. Then I read a suggestion very similar to @5MilesBack. That solved the problem for me, but I tighten the nock receiver screws as tight as possible while still allowing it to turn (somewhat stiff).
I’ll try that next I feel like I have it decently stiff where there’s no play in the nock receiver but maybe this will help. Also going to try to hold the arrow more in place while I set the clamp

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, hold arrow in place and push the arrow down a LITTLE bit into the nock holder. Slide the clamp down so it slides along the magnets.

Zac

WKR
Yes the Zenith kit will definitely solve your problem. Indexing off of the nock will usually give you some play. I use the .166 rod for micros and it's a solid fit. For some reason the .204 rod does not seem very tight. Has anyone else experienced this?

mrgreen

WKR
Yes the Zenith kit will definitely solve your problem. Indexing off of the nock will usually give you some play. I use the .166 rod for micros and it's a solid fit. For some reason the .204 rod does not seem very tight. Has anyone else experienced this?

I put a drop of hot-melt glue on my .204 adapter. Problem solved.