Never again!

So I’ve always used a single vane fletching jig. First was the Bitz. Then bought the Vanemaster Pro.

Recently decided (because I’m lower mid grade stupid) to strip all my arrows and go helical. Vanemaster will only do offset so bought what I’d never considered. Three of the Arizona EZ Fletch Mini Max.

I just finished this in just over an hour and they are all perfect with great twist.

I will never again do this one vane at a time.

Why I didn’t try this years ago makes me want to headbutt a screwdriver.

IMG_0142.jpeg

I fletch a lot with a Bohning tower jig. It has adapters for pin nocks, micro and standard shafts. Different wings if you want left/right offset or helical.

Only problem is it really only likes a certain vane thickness, much like those Arizona EZ fletch. Works fine with most vanes, but thinner lighter vanes they kinda suck.

I still think for 1 fletching jig to have its hard to beat a bitz because it can do so much, but it's definitely nice to have other options.

Zac

WKR
The VMP will definitely do a helical. Very close to the AAE you just used.

TripleJ

WKR
I'm a big fan of my AZ EZ fletch, at least for the way I currently fletch my arrows.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I never could get much helical from my Bitz. I like the EZ Fletch mini max alot more than my Bitz.

MattB

WKR
The EZ fletches are stupid fast. I have 2 and can fletch a dozen shafts in ~20 minutes using CA glue.

Some guys really love - even savor - the process of painstakingly fletching arrows. I am not one. Until something even faster/easier hits the market, I am set on the EZ Fletch.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I love the EZ fletch and have been using it for years. The only issue I’ve had is the excess glue so I’ve been having to clean it often, I just read a post about sticking masking tape on the arms and cutting a slot for the vanes so you you can just rip it off if it gets bad, can’t believe I never thought of it!

I love the EZ fletch and have been using it for years. The only issue I’ve had is the excess glue so I’ve been having to clean it often, I just read a post about sticking masking tape on the arms and cutting a slot for the vanes so you you can just rip it off if it gets bad, can’t believe I never thought of it!

I'm not certain about the Arizona, but with the Bohning tower you can just put the arms in acetone. Few minutes and the glue wipes off.

I used foil duct tape for years, but prefer not using it and just being able to clean the jig. I don't know that regular masking tape would work as well.

WMag338

WKR
Interesting. I've only used a Bitz. Might have to look into the EZ Fletch.

MattB

WKR
I'm not certain about the Arizona, but with the Bohning tower you can just put the arms in acetone. Few minutes and the glue wipes off.

I used foil duct tape for years, but prefer not using it and just being able to clean the jig. I don't know that regular masking tape would work as well.
I did a quick search on this, and posts point to the company’s website saying to soak the arms in acetone for 5-10 mins to remove built-up glue. I also saw comments from guys who used painters tape and Pam cooking spray to keep the buildup from sticking to the arms.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I rarely ever have to fletch up more than a dozen arrows at a time, and can do a doz in less than 20 minutes with the Bitz so that works for me.

I rarely ever have to fletch up more than a dozen arrows at a time, and can do a doz in less than 20 minutes with the Bitz so that works for me.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a few more clamps, and that helped with some efficiency. But at the end of the day, I don't fletch enough of them to justify something that much faster.

Then again, all my buddies are starting to ask me to do their fletchings these days...might be a good excuse for an upgrade.