Bitzenburger vs bearpaw deluxe fletching jig

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
Now that I’m shooting longer games with my newbie trad setup I need a different jig.

anyone know the key differences between the bitz and bearpaw deluxe fletching jig

I know the bear paw clamp is plastic, great reviews on archery talk

thanks!

I do not know the difference but I have liked my bitzenburger for my right wing helical fletchings. I would also suggest trying fletching tape if you aren't already. It has worked really well for me and is a lot less messy than glue. Just my opinion.

A.Hutch

FNG
Ok yeah I can see now why your looking at a different set-up. Really either one. I've used both. The bearpaw was an older model, not quite like the version now, I like how the newer model appears, looks a lot sturdier. The only complaint with the bitz, is supposedly you have to have a left and right jig base if your doing both directions. They look the same to me. so maybe there's a design feature I haven't noticed. dunno? so my official opinion... they both work good. the bearpaw is cheaper, which makes a difference for me. Good luck!

Hutch

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I do not know the difference but I have liked my bitzenburger for my right wing helical fletchings. I would also suggest trying fletching tape if you aren't already. It has worked really well for me and is a lot less messy than glue. Just my opinion.
Good thought. I’m started using tape on my compound arrows two seasons ago. this will be the first set of trad arrows I’m making.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You don't have to have a different base for the Bitz for left or right helical. You buy a new clamp then you adjust the jig to do either right or left. Just have to make sure you don't have the jig set up for one direction then use the wrong clamp lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A.Hutch

FNG
ya well, I did say supposedly.... they looked the same to me, hell I use a straight clamp regardless

Hutch

oldgoat

WKR
Never seen the Bearpaw in a shop, seen lots of Bitzenbergers though! If you want something that you can hand down to your grandchildren, the Bitz is it in my opinion!

Fjtoyman

FNG
I’ve used both.
Depends on how many arrows your going to fletch. After a few thousand the BP can get a little sloppy. I do like how easy it switches between settings. It also has a groove for the nock indicator.
bc1ab3ec8b6163f0041825e762b72b1e.jpg

The bitz will get sloppy eventually but is easily rebuildable. Some of mine are the originals when they were made in Oregon. Still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
A lot of folks recommend the Bitz including myself but it should be understood that there is a learning curve to getting it all set up for a particular shaft, nock and fletch. For me the first few arrows were a little frustrating and that's when it's especially nice to use tape.

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
Really hard to go wrong with a bitz, i bought a used one from the 80's and it still fletches like a champ.