Bivy help

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Nick I use the tiGoat for those uses. It works well. On a couple of occasions with the right (wrong) humidity and temps, I got a tiny little bit of condensation between the bag and bivy, but it was very minor. Most nights it was totally dry, and kept condensation, spindrift, etc. off my down bag.

mhunter

FNG
Hi, I have Tigoat Raven omni for 2 years and I like it. However note that long/wide pads (like long NeoAir I have) does not fit inside. I sleep pad outside of bivy and for me there is plenty of space (6'3"/185). I'm not sure whether I miss some of the bivy's benefits by sleeping with pad outside. Make sure to apply some silicon stripes onto bivy and pad, it's slippery!!
Matt

I have had the Integral Designs Salathe Bivy for a lot years. The Bivy has dual zipper sliders on each side of the bag. The top of the bivy can be rolled down to the waist. You can then zip the no see um netting up and completely enclose the body from the waist to head. Another nice thing about the dual sliders is you can wear the bivy with your arms extended outside of bivy. This allows you cook or fiddle with gear whatever. The Salth Bivy is a little heavier coming in at 2.1 lbs. Fits to 6/6", has a width of 32" with total girth 72". Integral Designs web site does not offer this Bivy. I think it is be closed out. I found one by goggling (close out) the other day 129.99. I payed close to $200.00 way back in the day. I have never been wet in the Salathe from rain or snow and 0 condensation. IMHO for me anyways, I would not purchase a bivy with bug netting.