Blackstone Griddle

joestrow

WKR
I got one of these a couple years back when they ran a similar sale. They are great. They run through the small propane tanks pretty fast, so id recommend getting the converter for the bigger tank from Amazon.

EDIT: I have no idea why the link is saying “Robot or Human?”

If you google it, you’ll find the deal.

young-gun

FNG
I have a 20" in the camper and a 36" at home they are so versatile! even use it for doing deep frying with a aluminum disposable pan and oil in it can bring it to a boil and deep fry chicken or fish perfectly!

so easy to cook on! highly recommend

Hows the cleaning situation?

I have a cast iron griddle for my typical little 2 burner camp stove.
Its a giant mess, always a ton of grease everywhere, I usually pressure wash the stove when I get home. I hate it. And I've held off on the Blackstone because of it.

OP
joestrow

joestrow

WKR
Regarding cleaning - I don’t think is too much hassle. The grease trap in the back is nice.

I usually just throw some ice on the hot surface once I’m done cooking and wipe remaining gunk off with some paper towels. I finish off by applying a thin layer of olive oil and heating it till it smokes off.

There are a ton of YouTube videos with some cool tips. Blackstone has a pretty good following.

The problem i had was say cooking store bought burgers w alot of fat,, was it just splattered all over everything. Id even tried covering them with the lid off a fry pan. Of course that setup does not have a grease trap. But it was just grease every where.
So we end up packing a grill and a stove w fry pan. Id really like to get down to one system.

young-gun

FNG
The problem i had was say cooking store bought burgers w alot of fat,, was it just splattered all over everything. Id even tried covering them with the lid off a fry pan. Of course that setup does not have a grease trap. But it was just grease every where.
So we end up packing a grill and a stove w fry pan. Id really like to get down to one system.
cleaning takes minutes, papertowels are your friend, once seasoned you crank the heat to max scrape to the grease trap, dump water on it let the steam work for you wipe apply thin layer of veggy oil and smoke off for 10 mins to keep rust away.

Also I actually went on Amazon and bought the 12' propane line that fits the quick connect on my camper which most times lets me reach the picnic table at the camp site

Ordered! Thx! Been tracking these for awhile and this is the best deal I’ve seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agross

WKR
I bought this about a year ago during a similar sale. We love it. Super handy. I got the adapter/hose and use a bigger tank.

CB4

WKR
For anyone that has a Sam’s membership keep an eye out there. I picked up a 22” for $75 earlier this spring.

Tbuckus

WKR
I am curious to know if these have changed over the years.
I had the opportunity to use one, possibly and older model, and it had hot spots. you could tell where the two burners hit the griddle. it didnt have even heating. I have a custom griddle that does the same thing and dont want to waste my time with a blackstone if the issue persists

OP
joestrow

joestrow

WKR
I am curious to know if these have changed over the years.
I had the opportunity to use one, possibly and older model, and it had hot spots. you could tell where the two burners hit the griddle. it didnt have even heating. I have a custom griddle that does the same thing and dont want to waste my time with a blackstone if the issue persists
Mine (2 years old) has spots that get hotter than others. The corners don’t cook as fast as the center. For family events I can max out at 12 Costco hamburger patties. I move the cooked ones our first and cycle the others to the hotter burning area.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
no matter what zip code i use it shows as not available in any stores nearby. hope some of you have better luck than i do.

Thanks for the notice. I picked up a 22" after keeping an eye on them for awhile. It's been time to retire my old Coleman.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
To the top.
I hope to get a 22inch for camping.
Looking at the lids, is the flat lid able to stow in the unit and carrying case? I think the flip lid looks pretty bulky

I don't think so with the standard 22" and case. The height of the feet plus the side/rear walls is too tall for the case. You have to flip the top over onto the griddle body and those side/rear walls sit over the sides of the griddle body. Looks like they have an "adventure ready" model now that has a top and a specific carrying case?

HIGHLY recommend the carrying case. It was a PIA to transport until I got that.

I can fit a propane tank in the body of the griddle with the regulator nozzle, spatulas and other cooking items, put the top on and the whole thing in the case. Pretty dang convenient.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
To the top.
I hope to get a 22inch for camping.
Looking at the lids, is the flat lid able to stow in the unit and carrying case? I think the flip lid looks pretty bulky
For camping I'd look at the Trail Fire Grill, my buddy started this company a couple years ago.